Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Nah, by then Tiote will be off to the ANC so Pardew won't have to make a decision. I think he'll drop him eventually. Everyone can see it.

It'll only happen once it gets to the point that Pardew simply can't ignore it anymore, and that really isn't good enough.

Be like the Ben Arfa thing from last year all over again, Pardew won't drop Jonas until he absolutely has no choice.

Quite incredible what happens when bad footballers start getting old.

Isn't it. His stamina and pace have carried his career here. Now they've gone (particularly the latter), he's absolutely useless. When he comes up against a defender, he does look like he's smashing into a brick wall.

honestly, what is a good coach? to put the best possible team ....

when pardew puts jonas in the starting team, he shows he doesn't have a clue of what he's doing...

Gutted coz we ben arfa AND marveaux on the starting eleven, we never lose this game.

It's going to become very frustrating seeing him start every match. It's like seeing Smith and Butt start every god damn match, or Shola. Fuck me Shola is still playing these days.

We have better options and Pardew needs to use them. I don't give a fuck what happens on the training ground because on the pitch, Jonas is useless and Marveaux is better than him.

He needs a good break, see whether he can recover from this legginess that has affected his game for about a year now. Sometimes it happens. It's very rare for a player to lose his physicality at 30, especially these days, and especially not when the guy hasn't had significant muscle or ligament injuries. Just chill out, do some yoga and try to regain some of his pace because if he manages to regain his ability to get past one or two players then he's still effective. As it is, Santon is our LB and LW at this rate, which reflects really badly on Jonas.