Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

He's probably one of the most likeable chaps we have. He not only says the right things but he gives 100% every time out there. Problem is that his 100% isn't enough. Like I said, happy for him to come off the bench to shore us up and help out when we need him. He plays perfectly standard and OK in the first 10-20 minutes of a match. He keeps the ball, passes it. Levels in a random cross or 3 that are either crap or almost decent and gets us a free kick or 2.

I still love you, Jonas. You'll always be beautiful, sweet prince.

He's never been outstanding, but he was bloody good for a while and until this season always at least above average. It saddens me to see him as he is now. I hate hating him :lol:

He hasn't played well for a while now, but he doesn't half put a shift in defensively. When we were up against it at Villa he dug in like a trooper.

No chance. He let Lowton run off him countless times. He stands there while letting players cross it.

He occasionally ran around like a headless chicken but he didn't work hard.

Bad bad bad tonight.

The Mag

Now one thing I had to say after the game was just how resilient we were. In fact, it honestly surprised me. There were bodies flying in all over the place and admittedly, we had to scrap to keep Villa out by the end. This was embodied by Jonas more so than anybody else.

I’ve been so frustrated with Mr. Gutierrez this season, he’s been a shadow of his former self. He’s lost his pace. He doesn’t take a man on anymore. He can’t cross. He just wins free-kicks. I don’t care how much he runs, he offers nothing in attack. And so on and so on….

I hold my hands up here, I thought Jonas was absolutely brilliant on Tuesday night. I’d go as far to say that without him, we may well have drawn or even lost that game. He ran, he tackled, he covered Santon and of course, his shining moment, he was the man who was in the way to stop the ball from crossing the line.

You could say, well yeah, it was classic Jonas. What do you expect? Although, whilst most will remember the game for the Sissoko performance, or for Cabaye’s wonder goal, or even for Cisse getting back on the scoresheet, I’ll remember it for Jonas saving the day. For securing a vital three points and most importantly, for reminding me what an important member of our squad he is.

Yes it was one game and yes I would say he still made mistakes and I’d prefer to see someone like Marveaux as an attacking winger, however credit where credit is due. I saw the teamsheet before the game and shook my head but I could not have been more wrong.

Jonas has always been a favourite of mine but our fan/player relationship has been stretched this season as he frustrates the life out me for 90 minutes a week and I’m sure he’ll continue to do so. But for 45 minutes in particular this week, he was a hero.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/tuesday-night-was-classic-jonas/

He just offers absolutely fuck all in the position he actually plays nowadays unfortunately :undecided:

The position he plays is usually covering left back, so he's played for defensive reasons only. Obviously he's not a patch on the likes of Marveaux on the ball.

He is ideal t come off the bench fresh with 20 mins to go to tighten things up, sad its came to that but do both him and the team good.

He hasn't looked fresh in about 6 months. Sub, start whenever.

He has never looked fresh in about 2.5 years. People have always blamed his poor performances on him being tired. It's not that he's tired, hes just a shite footballer but a top bloke.