Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Needs to play in games like this. It's the weaker teams he needs dropping for.

When Hatem and Tiote get back it won't be an issue anymore. Credit where it's due he had a decent first 45 today and finished well.

Played his part today, wish it wasn't just a one off, which it will be.

Hoping that scrape down the leg is the catalyst he needs to get some fire in him. Been going brought the motions for far too long with his place unchallenged. Competition may have him worried.

Guest palnese

very emotional celebration. wondering if there's something going on behind the scenes, the hug with pardew on tues and now that celebration

Think it's more down to the fact that he's been fucking shite and he knows it. He needed that goal.

Hoping that scrape down the leg is the catalyst he needs to get some fire in him. Been going brought the motions for far too long with his place unchallenged. Competition may have him worried.

You said he was as useless as Alan Smith was last season, he's proved you wrong within a week or so and your still feel the need to be negative. Not saying he's worthy of a first team place, but he definitely adds something to our squad, especially in games like this against strong opposition.

As for the people saying his crossing was the only thing letting him down today. he did put in the best cross of the match.

You said he was as useless as Alan Smith was last season, he's proved you wrong within a week or so and your still feel the need to be negative. Not saying he's worthy of a first team place, but he definitely adds something to our squad, especially in games like this against strong opposition.

As for the people saying his crossing was the only thing letting him down today. he did put in the best cross of the match.

He proved me right the day after at villa. I'm happy to be proven wrong but Its one game in about a year. Be nice to see it happen again but in not holding my breath, but saying that I felt the fire from him today and even at villa where he was dreadful, he wanted it and tonight I worry a little less about Jonas.

He proved me right the day after at villa. I'm happy to be proven wrong but Its one game in about a year. Be nice to see it happen again but in not holding my breath, but saying that I felt the fire from him today and even at villa where he was dreadful, he wanted it and tonight I worry a little less about Jonas.

Right :lol:

What?

We have given him a lot of stick this season, and justified because he's not made enough of those sparkling runs or won us some free kicks in the opposition half. His end product has always been poor, but great to hear that today he done well and got a goal. He looks made up for it so fair play him.

What?

He did ok vs Villa. Nothing spectacular, but still a fair way better than Alan Smith ever managed for us in his last season. Jonas is a useful squad member, why do you have a problem facing up to this? :lol:

What?

He did ok vs Villa. Nothing spectacular, but still a fair way better than Alan Smith ever managed for us in his last season. Jonas is a useful squad member, why do you have a problem facing up to this? :lol:

The second half he looked a bit of a joke like though. He did graft in the first 45 mind.

Look, he scored today and well done. But other than the goal, he was his normal self.

His crossing was atrocious, his passing was poor but his effort and tracking back were (as always) good. Let's not start heralding this as some kind of second coming. He was his usual self, apart from one header. If we could count on him to score 10 a season, I could put up with his deficeincies. But that was his first, and even if he plays every minute until the end of the season we all know deep down that we're unlikely to see even one more between now and May.

Still, good goal from him, great win, let's enjoy the positives for one night.