Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest palnese

Aye, I'm hoping someone else can verify that before going ballistic.

We don't do that here. Gan ments.

We're actually pretty level headed on here imo. Does my tits in when people try to rock to boat and go on like we're a bunch of theatrical bellends on the whole.

No, we're not. It's one extreme or the other. There's no middle ground.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't know if the club can sink any lower than not helping an employee through his cancer treatment.

They already did really. They then used it as ammunition during the planned protest against Pardew vs Hull.

They were cunts about it, then used it for themselves. They're absolute scum. The club is a fucking sewer basically.

Don't know if the club can sink any lower than not helping an employee through his cancer treatment.

They already did really. They then used it as ammunition during the planned protest against Pardew vs Hull.

They were c***s about it, then used it for themselves. They're absolute scum. The club is a f***ing sewer basically.

f*** yeah totally forgot about that, that was f***ing disgraceful.

*Sigh*

If only you guys knew what Golfmag knows(about what goes on behind the scenes).

The sort of  goodwill a club like Villa got over Petrov, or Bolton got over Muamba is priceless.  Even if you strip away basic human decency and make a calculated decision over the cost of supporting the lad (wages) v the cost of fucking him off (publicity)  you surely come down on the side of supporting him 100% and letting him train and feel he has a place.  It's incredible how low the club will sink in the pursuit of savings.

Why did he defend Pardew at the height of his criticism (and Colo's poor performances) then?

No idea. This is what I can't figure out. Saying the right thing, or what he perceives to be the right thing?

Well, obviously. The theory about Coloccini playing badly in connection with being massively angry at Pardew fails, though. He couldn't have been that perturbed if he was publically defending him and going against the fans that were singing Jonas' name.

Guest firetotheworks

How often do players talk out of line about their manager? It doesn't really happen does it? Saying that, there's saying nothing and then there's backing him.

I'll let someone else find it but he definitely said that the players were behind Pardew 100% during the peak of the criticism 7 weeks or so back.

I don't remember him saying he wanted to leave last November, either.

If it's in the program notes, he doesn't even write them.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/22/fabricio-coloccini-newcastle-united-san-lorenzo

That was before Jonas came back from his operation though.

Gutiérrez hadn't played well for ages so most (if not all) fans were happy when Pardew stopped picking him. Jonás having cancer shouldn't change that fact.

Wat? Nobody is arguing he should be in the first team, are they? :lol:

Are they saying when Pardew found out Gutiérrez had cancer he ditched him and told him to find another club? If so, I find that to be an unlikely scenario.

Gutiérrez hadn't played well for ages so most (if not all) fans were happy when Pardew stopped picking him. Jonás having cancer shouldn't change that fact.

Are they saying when Pardew found out Gutiérrez had cancer he ditched him and told him to find another club? If so, I find that to be an unlikely scenario.

If by 'they' you mean Jonas, then yes they are.

If by 'they' you mean Jonas, then yes they are.

:mackems:

I still find it an unlikely situation. Any employer in the UK who tried to get rid of someone because they had cancer would be wide open to being sued and guaranteed to lose the case.

It's having compassion, in a similar sort of way that if you were considering finishing your lass but then she was diagnosed with cancer you stay around for support.