Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

In fact they made Carver do it. :lol:

‏@PeteGravesSky

@elgalgojonas & @TaylorR1984 together in Belfast doing coaching badges. Got call from JC today, first they'd heard about futures. #nufc 1/2

Classy.

:dowie:

Speechless..

In fact they made Carver do it. :lol:

‏@PeteGravesSky

@elgalgojonas & @TaylorR1984 together in Belfast doing coaching badges. Got call from JC today, first they'd heard about futures. #nufc 1/2

Classy.

:lol: He's so the manager.

Yup

:lol: s*** is wild. Worst form in forever and he's getting the seat.

It would be if the same thing hasn't been happening for 5 years. I struggle to give so much as a shit tbh,  haven't so much as watched a game in over a year and really have no interest in anything that they do unless the title says "Ashley sells NUFC".

Had a few beers with Jonas a few years ago, I was shit faced and he still bought me a few beers and chatted rather than chat up a line of birds trying to get his attention. Top bloke.

Had a few beers with Jonas a few years ago, I was s*** faced and he still bought me a few beers and chatted rather than chat up a line of birds trying to get his attention. Top bloke.

Truly gutted they've let him go - shows how cold the club has become.  He earned another year.

He came in via the Webster rule, had a class debut at Old Trafford, tore the league apart with Enrique, helped us to 5th, began to fade, said funny stuff in a video, got ill, was bullied by Pardew, beat cancer, then kept us in the Premier League in one of my favourite ever moments :clap:

Genuinely one of the nicest footballers you could ever meet. He'll be missed.

He came in via the Webster rule, had a class debut at Old Trafford, tore the league apart with Enrique, helped us to 5th, began to fade, said funny stuff in a video, got ill, was bullied by Pardew, beat cancer, then kept us in the Premier League in one of my favourite ever moments :clap:

:thup:

Almost certainly the right decision from a footballing perspective. Him coming on against Man U and scoring last weekend are two of the most enjoyable moments I've had following football in a long time though. All the best Jonas.

I am not sure this was a footballing decision. If Jonas was our best player and had his best years ahead of him I would predict he still would have been released. His public criticism of Ashley and the management of NUFC made him surplus to requirements more than his footballing ability.

There is something a bit wrong feeling about a player keeping you up & then getting rid. He probably wasnt good enough, but we are allowed to have a squad. Could've offered him another year on a lesser wage, would've been a nice gesture. Not that we need numbers as we never get injuries & always replace the numbers we let go.

Best one I can remember is David Unsworth coming off the bench for Wigan, keeping them up in their first PL season with a penalty, relegating Sheffield United where he'd just left a few months previous, then getting released about two days later. :lol:

As for Jonas; right choice to release him but what a guy. Great service to the club and maximum effort always, regardless of his performance level. :thup:

Bittersweet, we all know he is not good enough, yet he played better than most in the end. Truly lovely guy by the sounds of things and a cult hero.

Deserves to be playing at the end of the day.. will be forever welcomed back at SJP.

Wonderful guy by all accounts. True character. Seemed to genuinely "get it". Very few like him. Regardless of his footballing ability, very sad that he's no longer part of the club.

Depressing that we actually offered a contract to Sammy instead of this guy. What a Legend he is for the club.

You have been my favourite player here since you joined Jonas and I will follow you wherever you turn up next. Hope you don't sign for another Premier League club because I know you can still outperform the cunts we have here.

All the best and please come back as a fan one day!

Sums it right up :thup:

Played with more heart than just about anyone as we looked into the abyss. One of the very few men of character we have (had :() at the club

He had a poor couple of seasons before this one but given how he reinvigorated the team since he's come back I think he deserved another year. We lack leaders on the pitch and most likely in the dressing room, I think we'll only be worse off for not having him next season given the team will going through a transition with a new manager... hopefully.

He's always been such a likeable character though, I hope he gets a good move somewhere.