Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

A great servant to the club, did the best he could for us against huge adversity, but we all know what happens to fan favourites around here. Didn't deserve the treatment he received and can hold his head extremely high in how he dealt with that. Much in the same way as HBA will be remembered a) for what he did for us in his best moments and b) for standing up to the establishment.

@LaureJames  16m16 minutes ago

Revealing interview with @elgalgojonas and @TaylorR1984 today. Coming up on @SkySportsNewsHQ later #nufc

popcorn.gif

Guest reefatoon

Ryan Taylor is in no position to have a go at the club after the living he has robbed from us the last few years.

R. Taylor: "We came here and we were here not even a day, John Carver called me and told me the club werent gonna offer me a new deal. Then I had a chat with him, he's a good friend of mine, I spent a lot of time with John in and out of the club so I had a chat with him, and then he asked me to pass the phone to Jonas which was unbelievable"

Jonas: "I didnt expect that they were going to offer a new contract, but it's not about that, you have to move on. I can understand all the football issues, but more important for me is that they can't pick up the phone and call me or my agent and say 'thank you, thanks for the years.. we're going to release you'. That's more the way (to do it)"

R. Taylor: "He was made to do it. He was obviously upset in being made to do it. He seemed upset about telling two good pro's who've been here a long time it's come to an end. I can't really blame John because he's under instructions on what to do"

Carver was told to do it.

Well f*** me, a manager told to deal with players. Whatever next.

He's the head coach. If he isn't the one making that decision I'm not sure those doing it should be hiding behind him.

Agreed. Also as it's blatantly obvious Carver would've kept both of them. So the conversaton would be on behalf of the club/people making the choices which is cowardly.

He's the head coach. If he isn't the one making that decision I'm not sure those doing it should be hiding behind him.

He's their manager, it's his job to do the ugly things even in football. That's how most of the world works if you are a manager.

Carver being such a tart to his "mates", is more pathetic.

Guest Howaythetoon

Urgh that is fucking scummy and although to be expected from the club, Carver doing their batting in this way says everything about just how pathetic he has become. A man of say Sir Bobby's character would tell them face to face and thank them. Jonas helped keep the club up for fuck sake.  I suppose that's what he got for aiming his celebration at the man child up in the stands.

He's their manager, it's his job to do the ugly things even in football. That's how most of the world works if you are a manager.

Carver being such a tart to his "mates", is more pathetic.

Absolutely. What a fucking snake this guy is.

I just wish the club could do things in the right way.  How hard can it be?  It just appears that they are cowards and always get someone else to do their dirty work.

It is so sad that so many of our players leave feeling bitter in the end - and it is always directed at the boardroom. 

Life is not fair and sport is a harsher business than most. Right now both of their careers are in the wilderness and the 6-7 years of service and wear on their bodies they have put into this club will mean nothing when the NUFC no longer owes them a cheque. Both surely knew it was coming and I don't think the manner of it is overly important.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think the manner of it is overly important.

I do, I think as a club we are classless and I hate that most about us because you can be shit, not win things, but still be a good club with good people and good intentions. We have none of that. We are a dispicable club from top to bottom. Guys like Raylor and Jonas deserve to be treated with respect and we as a club need to show class at all times. Word of mouth is huge in football, acts like this does the club lasting long-term damage. It is very bad PR.