Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Nice to hear his song getting a few outings today n all. :jonas:

I thought I heard his name being chanted, what is the song?

I do love this guy, he is vitally important to the team and had a terrific game today.

oooooh Gutierrez... from Buenos Aires, he's spirderman

He's our superhero playing on the left or right,

wearing black and white and he's f***ing dynamite

oooooh Gutierrez

Thought it was something like that?  That's the problem, nobody knows the words to the last line, so it just sounds s****.

Thought Jonas had a terrible first half.  Much improved second though.

PM edited his post. ^ that's the correct version I believe (except perhaps "he is" instead of "and he's" fkn dynamite?.) dunno about this "famous black and white version" his post now has?

where i sit at the back of the se corner, could hear both versions :lol: some singing famous black and white and others singing fucking dynamite

everyone joins in "oooohhh gutierrez" ... sort of fizzles out through the verse, then loud again when it gets to "oooohhhh gutierrez" :lol:

love the song, and love jonas....massive for us

Guest VaVaVoom

In my opinion, people who dont rate Jonas, dont know football and have never really played the game.

Aye his final ball is poor but he is not a conventional winger is he? People want him to be and judge him by that but he is not. He is just a hard working wide player who is good running with the ball. He is SO important to the side. He takes the pressure off with his running with the ball and chasing everything, he is skillful too. Take him out the side and we are weakended massively.

In my opinion, people who dont rate Jonas, dont know football and have never really played the game.

Aye his final ball is poor but he is not a conventional winger is he? People want him to be and judge him by that but he is not. He is just a hard working wide player who is good running with the ball. He is SO important to the side. He takes the pressure off with his running with the ball and chasing everything, he is skillful too. Take him out the side and we are weakended massively.

Yep. Industrious but actually offers something going forward.

Still don't understand why he seems to actually invite more players to close him down though. Sometimes he has one player hassling him and he actively seems to want another two to come and join in. He's a weird guy.

But class.

His lack of movement and general inviting of pressure drives me spare at times like. Even more so as he's just as good when running at people with a bit of pace.

He's so strong when he needs to be (albeit he f***ed up for their goal today)

He didn't really fuck up. He had nobody to pass too. Everyone just stood still and watched. Whole team switched off there.

Guest Roger Kint

Still don't understand why he seems to actually invite more players to close him down though. Sometimes he has one player hassling him and he actively seems to want another two to come and join in. He's a weird guy.

But class.

His lack of movement and general inviting of pressure drives me spare at times like. Even more so as he's just as good when running at people with a bit of pace.

He's so strong when he needs to be (albeit he f***ed up for their goal today)

He didn't really fuck up. He had nobody to pass too. Everyone just stood still and watched. Whole team switched off there.

It was his standing still and waiting for the ball to come to him that invited 3 players to surround him though, if he didnt do that there wouldnt have been a problem, also there was a pass on back to Santon on which he ignored.

Guest Roger Kint

Ramadan aside it's probably our most creative song. Doesn't take much like tbf.

And it survives the tedious obsession with speeding up every single bastard song until its impossible to sing it anymore.

Guest icemanblue

I always loved the...

He's he, he's there, he's every-fuckin-where....Spidermaaan, Spidermaaaaaaann

The longer one is better. So much better.

Nice to hear his song getting a few outings today n all. :jonas:

I thought I heard his name being chanted, what is the song?

I do love this guy, he is vitally important to the team and had a terrific game today.

oooooh Gutierrez... from Buenos Aires, he's spirderman

He's our superhero playing on the left or right,

wearing black and white and he's fucking dynamite

oooooh Gutierrez

Thought it was something like that?  That's the problem, nobody knows the words to the last line, so it just sounds shite.

Thought Jonas had a terrible first half.  Much improved second though.

PM edited his post. ^ that's the correct version I believe (except perhaps "he is" instead of "and he's" fkn dynamite?.) dunno about this "famous black and white version" his post now has?

It was Nath who edited the post in the quote.

Just looked on youtube and it seems this is a mixture of the two, so I'm not really sure what's the proper version.  :lol:

If one player describe us what Newcastle all about it is Jonas. Sometimes frustrating he is ex termly hard working. Every opposition manager really like  the way he trucks back and his hard work. He has his faults most annoyingly he wants to dribble too much at time instead of passing it to another player pretty easily.

If one player describe us what Newcastle all about it is Jonas. Sometimes frustrating he is ex termly hard working. Every opposition manager really like  the way he trucks back and his hard work. He has his faults most annoyingly he wants to dribble too much at time instead of passing it to another player pretty easily.

That avatar, what the hell is that? :lol:

i thought i heard the commentator for the match say that no one in the premier league has covered as much ground as wor Jonas.  is there a way to verify this?

Watch every single game/player and count. :thup:

i thought i heard the commentator for the match say that no one in the premier league has covered as much ground as wor Jonas.  is there a way to verify this?

Watch every single game/player and count. :thup:

:p

there's no entity that tracks players performance as a servide to fans then?

Loads of places show 'ground covered' stats. Even Football Manager has it. Just need to find somewhere that will compile it all for easy viewing and picking of particular stats you want. Does Opta have a website with that kind of stuff?

Loads of places show 'ground covered' stats. Even Football Manager has it. Just need to find somewhere that will compile it all for easy viewing and picking of particular stats you want. Does Opta have a website with that kind of stuff?

I've never been able to find it. Think you've to pay Opta for that unfortunately. Always tried to find it RE: Nolan.