Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

In what way is he Ramires? He has limited technique, positionally poor and can't pick a pass. Nice man though, he bought me a drink once.

He can pick a pass as a CM we have seen him do it before, his close control is good as a CM and positionally good as a CM.

When i said Ramires i was talking about playing outwide offering ridiculous work rate but not offering much going forward.

And like Ramires he is much better in the Centre where his close control, passing and overall skill set is suited.

Guest neesy111

Thought he was awful with the ball today, always looked like miscontrolling it or making a bad pass.  He's defo in twlight of career, he wont be our 1st choice LW/LM by end of the season.

Guest neesy111

Thought he was one of our better performers today :sad:

Same, but this place has been surrounded by OTT reactions tonight for some reason.

Did you actually watch how bad we were again?

Becoming more of a Milner player by the week. All running but hardly any input.

Or, a run-of-the-Milner player?  :bluestar:

(it works)

Yeah, i feel like he is the weak link of midfield atm, his legs seem to have gone a bit this summer, even last season i thought he did an excellent job in the 4-2-3-1 as part of the 2 but I don't know, he may just be tired too

Don't know why people are turning on Jonas. Fully agree his days as a winger are a something of the past, but he's decent at keeping the ball moving and still wins us times by transporting the ball and winning free kicks. By no means was he one of our worst performers yesterday, he's never been a good full-back so I have no idea why he was put there for the last 30 mins.

I really don't think he played that badly yesterday.  Or indeed this season.  I am trying to work whether he runs with the ball less due to a decline in his physical abilities or under instruction.  Yesterday when he was in the middle he looked like he had been told to hold.

And for all his faults at full back - I am beginning to think I would rather have him there than Simpson.

Guest firetotheworks

He is the personification of our play at the moment. I don't think he should be singled out too much, though.

He looks sluggish, seems to want to just win free kicks all the time, and aside from his covering when defending and his stamina, really offers nothing at the moment. It's harder when it's a player that you have so much time for.

I only hope it's form/the need for rest, rather than him being on the road to being past it. He's definitely finished on the left, though.