Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I'm not blaming Jonas for their goal like. Cisse shouldn't have passed it back and Colo should have done better with Suarez. Krul did the right thing when he dived because Suarez made it look like he was going to pull the trigger then. Was clever by Suarez.

Needs to be dropped as he's rubbish with the ball at his feet and panics and makes poor pass selections. Good at carrying the ball forward and winning free kicks but doesn't know what to do when players close him down but don't come in for the tackle. Cabaye, Tiote, and Anita should be the midfield from when Tiote' suspension is over.

That pass that let in the goal was a f***ing p*ss-take, like. But Liverpool had a hell of a lot to do from there.

The person who passed it back to him when there were three players surrounding him was more to blame if you ask me!!!

His passing was pretty average today but we can't fualt his graft and dedication to the team. If Anita gets a bit of consistency to his game it is possible we could see a midfield three of tiote cabaye and anita at some point in the future.

He isn't reaching the levels produced over a year ago but he is still an important cog in the machine...

He's been turned into another defensive midfielder. Not really sure there's much point in him starting if that's his role now.

It is his best role imo. I'm content with him being played there tbh, I saw enough of him in that role last season that suggests that he can do a decent job there. Admittedly he's off form atm but one thing you cannot fault is his work ethic.

I don't see it. He's inhaling there so his chest may look a tad bigger but I can't really see much of difference.

I don't think his physique's really the problem tbh. At 29 he's naturally lost a bit of athleticism and with the exception of the last 3 months of 10-11 I've never truly been convinced by him in an attacking sense.

As an attacking threat thats slowly decreased when Enrique left, but his work force over the last few seasons has been tremendous, he has put in immense shifts for us and has scored some beautiful goals.

However, ive not been convinced at all this season im afraid and its time to be dropped.

Definately time to be put on the bench.  He is offering nothing what so ever at the moment, in fact he is costing us.

Would prefer to see a three in the middle of Tiote, Yohan and Anita/Bigi.  The later offering more good range of passing as well as defensive cover.

Not quite sure how Jonas fits into the team now, sad but have to move on.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's not even drawing as many of his theatrical fouls

Take that out of his game and there's not much left!!!

Remember the Jonas from his debut :(

What happened to him? Read a worrying post in the match thread so surprised to see this hasn't been bumped.

Bloke behind me said he'd been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg. :dontknow: Seemed a bit odd given that he walked off.

Guest bimpy474

Broken leg?! He sat down, got up, sat down, got up and walked off. He looked in an alright state for a broken leg :laugh:

My brother broke his leg tripping off a curb and didn't realise for 3 days, only when he went and tripped off another curb and made it worse, before he went to the hospital.