Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I had thought that football was no longer capable of giving me moments like the one Jonas gave me today.

We've all had mixed feelings about him since he had been in decline for a while even before his illness, but hopefully this moment washes all of that away and allows us to remember him as a club legend. We could certainly use some unambiguously happy memories in the dark times to come.

He brought together tens of thousands of angry people today because of his heart and personality. Hardy put it perfectly in his Independent article.

"Pandemonium ensued as the Argentine held his hands to his ears after twirling his shirt around his head. In that moment, Newcastle felt like a football club again."

You wouldn't have written that last sentence if it was any other player that had scored. Yes you wouldn't put him in your team unfortunately, yes we want better players, but what or who else is there currently that can create that connection. Can capture people's emotions. All because of the person that he is. I would willingly lose all the ability of each one of the players in our squad, bar Perez, but the one thing I don't want to go is his character and willingness to engage. It's the only soul we have. Depressing.

After such a lengthy period of not-giving-a-sh*t-ery, that goal - and his celebration - really brought a smile. Go on yersel' Jonas.

:thup:

I felt the same, I hate this club as much as the next bloke atm. But I actually celebrated Jonas' goal out of instinct. As much as I want to hate us, the love and passion is still burning and I want to see us succeed.

He brought together tens of thousands of angry people today because of his heart and personality. Hardy put it perfectly in his Independent article.

"Pandemonium ensued as the Argentine held his hands to his ears after twirling his shirt around his head. In that moment, Newcastle felt like a football club again."

You wouldn't have written that last sentence if it was any other player that had scored. Yes you wouldn't put him in your team unfortunately, yes we want better players, but what or who else is there currently that can create that connection. Can capture people's emotions. All because of the person that he is. I would willingly lose all the ability of each one of the players in our squad, bar Perez, but the one thing I don't want to go is his character and willingness to engage. It's the only soul we have. Depressing.

Nailed it.

Most emotional I've been at a match in years. Bloke is an utter hero.

Where's that from? Ridiculously fitting.

Where's that from? Ridiculously fitting.

I'm going to go for Hardy in the Independent.

Just gonna hoy it out there...anyone who doesn't like him...just fuck right off.

What an absolute f***ing hero. f*** how good he is. He had more bollocks than the rest of the squad...that celebration for the first never mind the second....

Actions speak louder than words. Hero.

Isn't good enough for this level and hasn't been for a while.

However given what he's been through I just hope he goes home now and continues to play with a smile on his face. He didn't half put a shift in when it mattered.

Best of luck to him with that blonde he clearly loves so much. I hope if he ever comes back to visit he's given the warmest of welcomes. The club has clearly got to him and it's impossible to begrudge him anything.

PETscan on Tuesday to see if it's hiding someplace else.  Surgery June 8th.  Two months of intensive chemo and radiation.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hard road and I'm up for it.

You'll be fine mate. Nee worries!

PETscan on Tuesday to see if it's hiding someplace else.  Surgery June 8th.  Two months of intensive chemo and radiation.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hard road and I'm up for it.

I'm sure you've got people to talk to but if you ever need a place to vent, this is as good as any place. You won't go ignored.