Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I wouldn't sell him. Just interesting to see what others think with Ben Arfa coming back and the "£35 million" in the bank.

He's a passionate player, and his work rate is fantastic. Shame about his end product.

I like him. :undecided:

me too.  :fool:

Me too, nothing to be ashamed of lads!

:jonas:

:angel:

Can remember Blackburn away in the dark days of Kinnear when he was left on the bench which resulted in the whole away end chanting "We want Spiderman" in the second half.

Where'd all the love go?  :undecided:

I like him. :undecided:

me too.  :fool:

Me too, nothing to be ashamed of lads!

:jonas:

Me too. Possibly our most underated player (in my opinion) it seems.

We look worse as a team when he's out. Currently there is no other real alternative anyway. If we did sign someone better then fine play him. We need at least one very good striker first and foremost though.

Jonas is predominantly a right footed player playing on the left. His crossing could be better its true and is the weakest part of his game although not as bad as some on here make out. It would no doubt be better if he played on the right (but why move Barton who has been a revelation there and can cross without needing to beat several players to get to the byline and leave us open to counter attack).

If we play Jonas on the left he can go wide on the left and cuts infield too (which is the whole point of playing him on the left)  making him unpredictable and awkward for the opposition. He carrys the ball out of defence better than anyone else in the team (instead of just hoofing it) which takes off alot of pressure of the rest of the team and puts the opposition on the back foot making it dificult for them to defend high up the pitch. He is very defensively solid as well for a pacey winger. Links up with Enrique very well and generally grafts his arse off. I don't understand why he gets so much stick. Its similar to the Milner situation i thought he was a good player for us and he got panned on here too. What are people expecting? Ronaldinho at his best or something?

Hopefully Ben arfa will take the Beardsley type role behind the main striker and i suspect will link up with Jonas well as neither are the hoof it type and i can see them hitting it off on the field. Having at least two skillfull players on the field wanting to take opponents on should take alot of the pressure off Jonas.

Guest Roger Kint

I've got a feeling that post is filled with s**** about how amazing Jonas is at carrying the ball out of defence, while not caring about his many, many flaws, so I think I'll not bother reading it.

Good decision. Its too late for me but you can save yourself!

Still don't rate Jonas. His work ethics are excellent, but he's all arms and legs for me. If, _if_ we were in a position to replace him, I think we should. However, he makes a decent squad player, but def. not 1st team.(I know we don't have many options atm, but if we had...)

I've got a feeling that post is filled with shite about how amazing Jonas is at carrying the ball out of defence, while not caring about his many, many flaws, so I think I'll not bother reading it.

I had a feeling this response would be dismissive and patronising, but it was too late... I couldn't stop myself reading it. 

I've got a feeling that post is filled with s**** about how amazing Jonas is at carrying the ball out of defence, while not caring about his many, many flaws, so I think I'll not bother reading it.

What a wise idea... turn a blind eye to his strengths and just keep banging on about the same things ad nauseam.  Great strategy...

Guest Roger Kint

What a wise idea... turn a blind eye to his strengths and just keep banging on about the same things ad nauseam.  Great strategy...

He never said that at all ffs. The post from toptoon however is gushing praise with little balance but lets not let any facts spoilt things eh?

toptoon has said time and time again how much he rates Jonas, and every time someone tries to defend him, they spout the same bollocks while ignoring the fact that he 9 times out of 10 (and this is being generous) after having "carried the ball out of defence" loses the ball, falls over on his arse or runs into trouble and plays a short pass back to Enrique to let him deal with the situation he has created for himself.

It is incredibly rare that he actually does anything creative with the ball (apart from just run with it), in fact it is so rare that when he put a good ball in on Saturday, I bet most of us said "wow, look at that, a good ball in from Jonas".

You can't fault his work rate, absolutely not, but a winger that produces three goals in two thirds of a season is just not good enough for me.

He never said that at all ffs. The post from toptoon however is gushing praise with little balance but lets not let any facts spoilt things eh?

It's exactly what he said.

Ben Arfa should be on the right or in the middle for me. Think he showed in his short time he will be best cutting in and running through the middle. Jonas is an important player for us and has been for a long time. No-one else in our team bar Enrique is willing to run with the ball and Jonas often gets targeted by the opposition because of this. Ben Arfa coming back should allow him more time and space.

Guest Roger Kint

What a wise idea... turn a blind eye to his strengths and just keep banging on about the same things ad nauseam.  Great strategy...

It's exactly what he said.

Are you thick? Or in your mind are people only allowed to repeatedly go on about a players strengths rather than their all round game? 'Nobody' merely pointed out it would be a very onesided post which is was yet you cry about it? What is wrong with giving an honest view of Jonas instead of glossing over the truth to praise him like too many on here do?

Edit: Its pathetic that Routledge often gets slaughtered yet Jonas is allowed to get away with anything on here.