Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Outplayed. :lol: Christ. We lost that game for two reasons: 1, we didn't do our homework on Stoke's fundamentals (ie, long throws, etc). 2, Hughton made some ridiculous subs.

Jonas  Ben Arfa  Barton

Nolan  Tiote

I could more than handle that as next year's midfield.

That lot got outplayed by Stoke at SJP. Just food for thought.

Was Ben Arfa's second start in England and we only conceded when Ben Arfa went off and we were never really outplayed anyway.

And Routledge played.

With largely those players, we couldn't create or retain posession.

That's just complete nonsense man. Wasn't the case at all.

Jonas  Ben Arfa  Barton

Nolan  Tiote

I could more than handle that as next year's midfield.

That lot got outplayed by Stoke at SJP. Just food for thought.

Was Ben Arfa's second start in England and we only conceded when Ben Arfa went off and we were never really outplayed anyway.

And Routledge played.

With largely those players, we couldn't create or retain posession.

I actually agree with you quite a lot, and think you're given a bad press on here.

This particular assertion suggests you've been shooting meth, though.

We created one good chance (apart from the penalty) in the entire game, man. And couldn't keep the ball at all in the second half - which is why we faced so many set-pieces. I'm sure one of your posts will say exactly the same. :lol:

We let them come at us in the second half. It's old news but i fancy arguing for the sake of it. The loss to Stoke was a result of poor tactics, plain and simply. We dictated the play for all of the first half.

Fact is we are better with him than without him.. that's all that mattes.

great goal from him, hand a good hand in Shola's goal & did bang in some good crosses.. also worked very hard helping out Fergie.. and also was alone on the left with little support behind him from Fergie who did not push on much.

Guest Haris Vuckic

See above. We couldn't retain the ball.

Both did well today, but at least one of Nolan and Jonas shouldn't be an automatic starter next season.

Agree with that though.

What exactly has Nolan done to get dropped?

See above. We couldn't retain the ball.

Both did well today, but at least one of Nolan and Jonas shouldn't be an automatic starter next season.

Agree with that though.

What exactly has Nolan done to get dropped?

It's what he hasn't done..

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm sure we'll replace him with a captain who slips easily into the clique and scores 12 goals from midfield.

Easy stuff.

I know he can be a passenger but his contribution this season has been remarkable.

Noticed maddy said he thought he had a bad game in the Barton thread, and that this hadn't been bumped since the match. Thought he did okay today meself.

didn't hold the ball up wqell without passing it bacwards, lost far too much 50-50......if we didn't need too much in the summer he'd be one of the first -first 11 i'd want shot of.

Did okay.

Feel like he's got a bit of the creativity he had at Mallorca back in recent games. makes some really decent crosses and diagonal passes.

Doesn't help when you have lovenkrands and ranger to aim at