Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm pretty convinced now that Gutierrez fans are people who usually watch the game on telly, and those who don't like him as much and talk about faults are those who are watching the game at the stadium.

The run in the first half when he beat three defenders and tried to curl one in at the far post was sublime. It's going to take serious money to buy a player who will replace him.

We shouldn't even be considering it IMO.

Would still ship him out if it meant getting Dzsudzsak in like.

I'm pretty convinced now that Gutierrez fans are people who usually watch the game on telly, and those who don't like him as much and talk about faults are those who are watching the game at the stadium.

Yeah, because you can't see his faults on TV. 

:facepalm:

I'm pretty convinced that it isn't as simple as that

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why?

Just the ones I know don't go to the games on this forum always rave about him, while the ones that do go to the games seem to be able to discuss good and bad points to his game.

:lol: Holy fuck, that works out actually - I proper hated Jonas when I was at St Andrews watching him set up our 2 goals.

Mental argument.  I notice little difference in my perception of him whether I'm there or watching it on the telly.

Why?

Because a lot of people at the games are pretty thick tbh.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: Holy fuck, that works out actually - I proper hated Jonas when I was at St Andrews watching him set up our 2 goals.

Mental argument.  I notice little difference in my perception of him whether I'm there or watching it on the telly.

:lol:

Aye, its not as simple as I put it down in words, but that's the feeling I get. People were talking about his work rate, while watching him on telly. Watching him during the game he was letting O'Shea run at Enrique, and only tracking back once Enrique had held him up. Wasn't running back with O'Shea, yet people on here seem to think he did well at that. He had better game attacking wise like, I'll give him that.

Why?

Just the ones I know don't go to the games on this forum always rave about him, while the ones that do go to the games seem to be able to discuss good and bad points to his game.

Well that's a different point entirely.  Who are these loons that don't see his bad points?

He's a proper 20p mix-up, can't be going on like he's faultless or owt, but I've grown to like him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I know he's got quite a few faults, maybe his crossing especially, but I think the job he does for our team is very much needed... and I just like him because he's exciting on the ball and works hard.

What do you consider as 'works hard'? Honest question, find it interesting how people approach the term.

Mental argument.  I notice little difference in my perception of him whether I'm there or watching it on the telly.

:lol:

Aye, its not as simple as I put it down in words, but that's the feeling I get. People were talking about his work rate, while watching him on telly. Watching him during the game he was letting O'Shea run at Enrique, and only tracking back once Enrique had held him up. Wasn't running back with O'Shea, yet people on here seem to think he did well at that. He had better game attacking wise like, I'll give him that.

I was watching on telly tonight and I mentioned in another thread that I noticed a few times that he'd drifted inside without offering support to Enrique.  As a result Enrique was up against 2 while Jonas was wandering around looking a bit lazy, frankly.  Agree that he looked quite lax in that respect tonight and could have been punished, but he's usually good as gold in terms of tracking back on the whole.

Soopafan.

I know he's got quite a few faults, maybe his crossing especially, but I think the job he does for our team is very much needed... and I just like him because he's exciting on the ball and works hard.

What do you consider as 'works hard'? Honest question, find it interesting how people approach the term.

He seems a high-energy player to me. When he's on the ball, he bursts forward with and it tries to commit defenders, when we're defending he generally tracks back well.

I think his physical presence is underrated and most defenders don't quite know how to handle him. If we had genuine attacking options elsewhere in the midfield I think he would perform even better without so much double marking.

The only thing that seems to have dropped off a bit is his running along the line off the ball to receive a pass from Enrique. Not sure if I'm imagining that, but I'm sure he used to do it more.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Soopafan.

Witty Retort Master.  :razz:

He seems a high-energy player to me. When he's on the ball, he bursts forward with and it tries to commit defenders, when we're defending he generally tracks back well.

I think his physical presence is underrated and most defenders don't quite know how to handle him. If we had genuine attacking options elsewhere in the midfield I think he would perform even better without so much double marking.

The only thing that seems to have dropped off a bit is his running along the line off the ball to receive a pass from Enrique. Not sure if I'm imaging that, but I'm sure he used to do it more.

Ah.

See, I can't look past him being a bit of a 'bottler' in 50/50s, even 60/40s, he'll often duck out of the challenge. Don't think he nearly runs forward off the ball enough, often stands 5-10 yards away stationary from Enrique (which doesn't stretch or push back the defence). He made one good run behind the defence today for a ball over the top and it worked out well - it just doesn't happen enough.

The way he stops to always put the ball on his right foot to dribbling kills initial space he might have had to go on a run with the ball too. Still, when the crowds having a class game, he seems to play well.