Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

His output has to be better though. His allround game has been very good in the second half of the season, but 3 goals and 5 assists is not an amazing return (although it is steady progress from his first Prem season).

Jonas needs a proper right winger in the side, and then we'll see his best.

He's overran and overcrowded, because a) most of the attacks go down the left and as a result b) He is marked by about three players and struggles to find space.

We're unbalanced atm. Once we're back in balance, he'll be brilliant.

Jonas needs a proper right winger in the side, and then we'll see his best.

He's overran and overcrowded, because a) most of the attacks go down the left and as a result b) He is marked by about three players and struggles to find space.

We're unbalanced atm. Once we're back in balance, he'll be brilliant.

I agree with this.....apart from Jonas we lack pace/movement in the side so looking forward to seeing HBA back to provide some of that.

And obviously Jonas' crossing isn't his strongest point but his dangerous runs creates space for others and he  drags opposition players out of position.....our problems though has been the lack of mobility/pace/movement in our other attacking positions to make use of any of those dangerous runs he makes.

I'm hoping for 2 decent strikers (not Carlton Cole ffs, or a 6'4 target men with no pace/movement)...but not expecting it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was just talking to my dad about him. He's been really good since around February.

Had no idea your Dad was ill, glad he's better now.  :thup:

:shifty: :fishing:

Guest Heneage

It's a nothing game on Saturday really. It's at home which will be nice positive atmosphere for the youngsters to show their potential.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's a nothing game on Saturday Sunday really. It's at home which will be nice positive atmosphere for the youngsters to show their potential.

Liverpool are reportedly readying a bid for Newcastle United pair Jose Enrique and Jonas Gutierrez.

The Anfield side have already made an offer for Spanish left back Enrique but the initial £4m offer was apparently rejected but boss Kenny Dalglish is ready to up his offer and apparently look to bring in the Argentine winger as well.

The left sided pair have worked well as a partnership for the past three seasons and Alan Pardew is working hard to keep both in form players at St James’ Park.

http://www.liverpoolfcnews.net/liverpool-add-gutierrez-to-the-magpies-wish-list/