Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Jonas is a frustrating players, because he's such a hard worker. But he seems to lack that final ball which kills me. If he could just sort it out he would be one of the better wingers in the league, but he lacks it which make him more times than not useless offensively.

He can't even strike a football properly. He's a good option from the bench but as a starter he just isn't the answer.

His left is pretty terrible but his right isn't that bad. If we played those 3 in a fluid system he wouldn't really have to put crosses in, we'd be playing a lot more to his strengths where he would have options ahead of him with the greater space and if he cuts in on his right he does have the ability to have a decent pop at goal and contrary to conformist belief he has an eye for a through ball too. He's not a great player but he can be a great asset to our team as a whole, especially away from home, we've just never played to his strengths.

Guest neesy111

He can't even strike a football properly. He's a good option from the bench but as a starter he just isn't the answer.

Again, I'm agreeing with Ronaldo here again.

Is Routlege any better striker of the ball than Jonas like?

In my opinion Jonas should be a starter, and Routlege an impact sub if we need a goal. For all Jonas' faults he's up and down the field all game, where as Routlege does absolutely f*** all in terms of tracking back and getting a tackle in. Havn't seen anything from Routlege to suggest he's a better crosser either, especialy as for the past year+ Jonas has been pretty much forced to cross with his weaker foot, or come onto his right (slowing down play and allowing the defenders to sort themselves out).

Jonas' weighted through balls are actualy sublime aswell.

Is Routlege any better striker of the ball than Jonas like?

In my opinion Jonas should be a starter, and Routlege an impact sub if we need a goal. For all Jonas' faults he's up and down the field all game, where as Routlege does absolutely f*** all in terms of tracking back and getting a tackle in. Havn't seen anything from Routlege to suggest he's a better crosser either, especialy as for the past year+ Jonas has been pretty much forced to cross with his weaker foot, or come onto his right (slowing down play and allowing the defenders to sort themselves out).

Jonas' weighted through balls are actualy sublime aswell.

This

For a lad that can't cross a ball, he put in a decent corner tonight.

That corner was probably the best one we've had this season, it was brilliant and unexpected.

Because he put it in with his right foot. He's right footed, plays on the left and therefore crosses almost entirely with his left foot.

Not saying he'd make a great right winger, but I'd play him on the right or not at all.

That corner was probably the best one we've had this season, it was brilliant and unexpected.

Was the best corner I've seen from NUFC in a long time.

Listen up, the guy is class; his attitude is spot on, he loves the club, he is exciting to watch, he will run through a brick wall for the team and for the above facts I will always love watching him play. Sure he doesn't produce as much end product as we all would like but that's life and probably something to do with him playing on the left.

He would get in my Newcastle team every single day of the week.

Listen up, the guy is class; his attitude is spot on, he loves the club, he is exciting to watch, he will run through a brick wall for the team and for the above facts I will always love watching him play. Sure he doesn't produce as much end product as we all would like but that's life and probably something to do with him playing on the left.

He would get in my Newcastle team every single day of the week.

I pretty much agree, if I was making the decisions I would play him most weeks.

I'm starting to hate Nolan a bit less at the moment though, which combined with Ben Arfa means Jonas has to keep his performance levels high to warrant a place.

(I'm sure there'll come a time in the season when Routledge or a.n.other is unavailable of course)

Really, Dave? He got what, 15 minutes or so? All I saw of him was his motoring up and down the wing as usual.

What I meant by saying his attitude is spot on is that ever since he first came here he has said all the right things, has played with great effort and commitment, has never caused a sniff of bother; basically, he's been a model pro. A world away from so many of the lackadaisical foreign (and British) players we have had in the past.

Really, Dave? He got what, 15 minutes or so? All I saw of him was his motoring up and down the wing as usual.

What I meant by saying his attitude is spot on is that ever since he first came here he has said all the right things, has played with great effort and commitment, has never caused a sniff of bother; basically, he's been a model pro. A world away from so many of the lackadaisical foreign (and British) players we have had in the past.

Exactly. A very, very valuable member of the squad.

His attitude is spot on most of the time but not always.

Like when?

Everton for a start. He couldn't be arsed.

I wasn't at SJP obviously, so I wouldn't have seen it as well, but I've heard this a few times and it seems ridiculous to me. He was a winger playing the role of lone striker as Everton were putting us under heavy pressure. He ran around a bit when he got the ball. I don't know what else people want.

Because he put it in with his right foot. He's right footed, plays on the left and therefore crosses almost entirely with his left foot.

Not saying he'd make a great right winger, but I'd play him on the right or not at all.

Nah, he's much more dangerous cutting inside than he is hugging the byline and making crosses. I recall Kinnear moving him around from left to right quite a few times in that first season, and we came to the collective conclusion that he should play on the left or not at all.