Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

His attitude is spot on most of the time but not always.

Like when?

Everton for a start. He couldn't be arsed.

I wasn't at Goodison obviously, so I wouldn't have seen it as well, but I've heard this a few times and it seems ridiculous to me. He was a winger playing the role of lone striker as Everton were putting us under heavy pressure. He ran around a bit when he got the ball. I don't know what else people want.

I must have been at a different game. He wasn't the lone striker from where I was. Carroll was up and down in both areas, Jonas had a gentle 15 minute stroll along the left handside and showed little commitment. Not saying he does this all the time but it was very noticeable on Saturday.

I hate the way he loses the ball and just stops and does nothing to get it back. He's such a frustrating player, so limited but useful to a point!

:dowie:

Unless your taking the piss, are you watching the same Jonas as me? When Jonas loses the ball he usualy makes it his personal mission to track back 60 yards back down the field to get it back, he's actualy a realy good tackler aswell from the side. Thats why I like him to be honest.

Guest Roger Kint

Cant beleive the over reaction to a corner. There are kids up and down the country who can swing a ball in 25 yards for gods sake, i dare say its the exception to the rule where Jonas is concerned though.

For a lad that can't cross a ball, he put in a decent corner tonight.

That corner was probably the best one we've had this season, it was brilliant and unexpected.

:snod: Made for an awesome celebration.. in my living room. I think some passing students were a little bemused by the sudden shouts.

Nowt to do with Guti's performance but what really f*cked me off is the swopping of his shirt at HALF-TIME with Ferrerira.  What the f*cks all that about?  Why not full-time?

They were probably thinking of switching sides, as Ferreira did a better job than Jonas winning the ball for us.

That corner was probably the best one we've had this season, it was brilliant and unexpected.

:snod: Made for an awesome celebration.. in my living room. I think some passing students were a little bemused by the sudden shouts.

My neighbour must have been thinking 'wtf?' - when Shola headed home, it was "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GEETTTTTTIIIINNNN! SHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLAAAAA!" and then I proceded to stick my fingers up at the telly saying "fuck you Chelsea! fuck you!" :lol:

Because he put it in with his right foot. He's right footed, plays on the left and therefore crosses almost entirely with his left foot.

Not saying he'd make a great right winger, but I'd play him on the right or not at all.

Nah, he's much more dangerous cutting inside than he is hugging the byline and making crosses. I recall Kinnear moving him around from left to right quite a few times in that first season, and we came to the collective conclusion that he should play on the left or not at all.

there was one game i remember last year where we were losing, was it bristol away? anyways jonas had a great 2nd half and switched to the right and caused all sorts of trouble and got his goal. while routledge from the left set up another for carroll, but thats the last time i can remember the 2 wingers switching for any length of time but it had an effect so wouldn't mind seeing us to it again if we are having trouble breaking a team down. especially as ben arfa can also play either side comfortably

Listen up, the guy is class; his attitude is spot on, he loves the club, he is exciting to watch, he will run through a brick wall for the team and for the above facts I will always love watching him play. Sure he doesn't produce as much end product as we all would like but that's life and probably something to do with him playing on the left.

He would get in my Newcastle team every single day of the week.

He'd be fucking shattered by Wednesday.

Constantly trying to get on to his right foot, absolutely has to be given a chance on the right ahead of Routledge.

We play wingers who cut inside in the 4-5-1 right now. Jonas can't cut inside from the right.

Besides, as mentioned, we tried him on both sides in 2008-2009, he's infinitely better on the left.

Nah, his linking up with Enrique makes up for the fact he isn't left footed. Plus he often gets Enrique into great crossing positions.

Did well today. Sadly Hughton seems to believe it has to be either him or Ben Arfa. We should be looking to have all three of HBA, Jonas and Routledge on the pitch in games like today.