Hahaha

Dave

Find myself agreeing with both Baba and TT here somehow.

Because the truth lies somewhere between the two. He'll give us more loyalty than most youngsters at other clubs do for sure. But at the same time if we don't improve at the same rate he does in the next 2-3 years he'll be off.

Guest jonnyameobi

I've never dislike a manager so much. I'd even have a pint with Peter Reid or Roy Keane before that black mark on football.

Hes not a facking wheeler dealer tho

I hate how easily he's done so well at Spurs. I can't make up my mind if it's because he's a brilliant tactician (a joke, of course he isn't) or just a great man motivator (more likely). You can say whatever you want about the resources he's had there, etc., but countless managers have wasted resources larger than that at this club.

And it seems he's untouchable no matter how many players he taps up.

Love the assumption that Carroll would be interested in the move.  I think he will content to be here for a while yet.

I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football. I don't think the boys up top will be interested in letting things proceed that far, though.

He's a Geordie playing for the club he loves, 1st name on the team sheet and fast becoming a hero to the only fans that will ever matter to him at club level as well as being given the legendary No9 shirt. Not to mention all his friends and family are here as well as his kid. I think you lack basic understanding what it means to him being here and playing for Newcastle and I doubt you will ever fully grasp it either.

Man, nonsense. Please take that condescending rubbish elsewhere. Footballers leave their boyhood clubs for greener pastures all of the time. What makes Carroll different from all of these other players? Shearer was here during a different era for the club as well. He came in his mid twenties and the team immediately challenged for the title. When he was nearing the end of his prime (early 30's), the team were in the Champions League. By the time our decline had really set in, the man was nearing retirement. We are not a competitive club right now. If the club's progression doesn't follow the upward trajectory of Carroll's career, he will leave. All of them will. You see it again and again with clubs and their young local players. What exactly makes Newcastle different?

If you were Carroll would you leave like?

I know I wouldn't.

Love the assumption that Carroll would be interested in the move.  I think he will content to be here for a while yet.

I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football. I don't think the boys up top will be interested in letting things proceed that far, though.

He's a Geordie playing for the club he loves, 1st name on the team sheet and fast becoming a hero to the only fans that will ever matter to him at club level as well as being given the legendary No9 shirt. Not to mention all his friends and family are here as well as his kid. I think you lack basic understanding what it means to him being here and playing for Newcastle and I doubt you will ever fully grasp it either.

Man, nonsense. Please take that condescending rubbish elsewhere. Footballers leave their boyhood clubs for greener pastures all of the time. What makes Carroll different from all of these other players? Shearer was here during a different era for the club as well. He came in his mid twenties and the team immediately challenged for the title. When he was nearing the end of his prime (early 30's), the team were in the Champions League. By the time our decline had really set in, the man was nearing retirement. We are not a competitive club right now. If the club's progression doesn't follow the upward trajectory of Carroll's career, he will leave. All of them will. You see it again and again with clubs and their young local players. What exactly makes Newcastle different?

If you were Carroll would you leave like?

I know I wouldn't.

people said the same about beardsley and gascoigne leaving and lee clark going to sunderland.

TT, you need to stop re-enacting A League of Gentlemen sketches on here towards foreigners.

Baba has a point, every fan in the world who has seen their best homegrown players leave will attest to that, or anyone with a brain who has been following football since the dawn of time will attest to that.

Unless you're saying you KNOW Carroll personally, and are privy to all the thoughts that go on inside his head, and from his general demeanour glean that he'd never, ever, come rain or shine, leave the Toon, because, well, foreigners don't know what it feels like to be a Geordie, then we all agree with you, yes.

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks. Spurs could be out of the CL by the time anyone can move and will probably never see CL football again reducing them to a Euro cup club and where we could easily be in 2-3 years.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay, because scoring a goal in a No9 B&W shirt is worth a 1,000 goals for a team like Manu and 1,000,000 goals for a team of the moment club like Spurs.

TT, you need to stop re-enacting A League of Gentlemen sketches on here towards foreigners.

Baba has a point, every fan in the world who has seen their best homegrown players leave will attest to that, or anyone with a brain who has been following football since the dawn of time will attest to that.

Unless you're saying you KNOW Carroll personally, and are privy to all the thoughts that go on inside his head, and from his general demeanour glean that he'd never, ever, come rain or shine, leave the Toon, because, well, foreigners don't know what it feels like to be a Geordie, then we all agree with you, yes.

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay.

Even though you're going on like a bit of a radgepacket, I agree with your sentiments 100%.  It would be a dream to play for Newcastle and it would take a hell of a lot to leave if you were a boyhood fan.

Although I don't know where you draw the line.  If you're supremely talented and Newcastle have been loitering around the Championship for a few years, big offer comes in and the people upstairs are pushing you out the door... you can never say never.  But in the current circumstances, I'd absolutely expect Carroll to stay for a few years yet.

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay.

Even though you're going on like a bit of a radgepacket, I agree with your sentiments 100%.  It would be a dream to play for Newcastle and it would take a hell of a lot to leave if you were a boyhood fan.

Although I don't know where you draw the line.  If you're supremely talented and Newcastle have been loitering around the Championship for a few years, big offer comes in and the people upstairs are pushing you out the door... you can never say never.  But in the current circumstances, I'd absolutely expect Carroll to stay for a few years yet.

:thup:

Craic is Carroll isn't bigger than NUFC, he's not playing at a level that is holding him back and he has a hell of a lot to learn, and right now there is nowhere better because he's going to get 100% of games he's fit. There's no club bigger than us he'd get that opportunity especially in the prem, and doing it at the club he has loved since he's known football means the world to him.

Also

This:

"I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football"

Wouldn't look out of place written by The guardian or some southern tabloid fuker. Not once could the fact a Geordie playing for the club he loves could come in to consideration, the 'I don't see why not' covers that.