Hahaha

Dave

TT, you need to stop re-enacting A League of Gentlemen sketches on here towards foreigners.

Baba has a point, every fan in the world who has seen their best homegrown players leave will attest to that, or anyone with a brain who has been following football since the dawn of time will attest to that.

Unless you're saying you KNOW Carroll personally, and are privy to all the thoughts that go on inside his head, and from his general demeanour glean that he'd never, ever, come rain or shine, leave the Toon, because, well, foreigners don't know what it feels like to be a Geordie, then we all agree with you, yes.

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay.

Even though you're going on like a bit of a radgepacket, I agree with your sentiments 100%.  It would be a dream to play for Newcastle and it would take a hell of a lot to leave if you were a boyhood fan.

Although I don't know where you draw the line.  If you're supremely talented and Newcastle have been loitering around the Championship for a few years, big offer comes in and the people upstairs are pushing you out the door... you can never say never.  But in the current circumstances, I'd absolutely expect Carroll to stay for a few years yet.

:thup:

I'd be off if I was him.

Newcastle means a lot to me and I wouldn't be able to put up with the way Ashley is running the club, I also wouldn't respect the manager. Big thing for me would be ambition in respect to the club that came in and Spurs are miles ahead of us. Even if they drop out the CL places I'd be far more confident of them getting in again ahead of us. Look at the managers and players they've had for the last 5 years compared to us.

Guest malandro

TT, you need to stop re-enacting A League of Gentlemen sketches on here towards foreigners.

Baba has a point, every fan in the world who has seen their best homegrown players leave will attest to that, or anyone with a brain who has been following football since the dawn of time will attest to that.

Unless you're saying you KNOW Carroll personally, and are privy to all the thoughts that go on inside his head, and from his general demeanour glean that he'd never, ever, come rain or shine, leave the Toon, because, well, foreigners don't know what it feels like to be a Geordie, then we all agree with you, yes.

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay.

Even though you're going on like a bit of a radgepacket, I agree with your sentiments 100%.  It would be a dream to play for Newcastle and it would take a hell of a lot to leave if you were a boyhood fan.

Although I don't know where you draw the line.  If you're supremely talented and Newcastle have been loitering around the Championship for a few years, big offer comes in and the people upstairs are pushing you out the door... you can never say never.  But in the current circumstances, I'd absolutely expect Carroll to stay for a few years yet.

Craic is Carroll isn't bigger than NUFC, he's not playing at a level that is holding him back and he has a hell of a lot to learn, and right now there is nowhere better because he's going to get 100% of games he's fit. There's no club bigger than us he'd get that opportunity especially in the prem, and doing it at the club he has loved since he's known football means the world to him.

Professional footballers are footballers first and fans second. Their decisions may be influenced by emotional attachments but when push comes to shove they put their career first, and given the choice between playing for an unambitious club with a wage cap or a club at least trying to go places who pay top whack more often than not they’ll plump for the money.

This isn’t to say I think AC would definitely leave, but the idea he’d not even consider it is wishful thinking. Player retention is going to be problem for NUFC if they don’t adopt a more ambitious business strategy in the next year or two.

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks. Spurs could be out of the CL by the time anyone can move and will probably never see CL football again reducing them to a Euro cup club and where we could easily be in 2-3 years.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay, because scoring a goal in a No9 B&W shirt is worth a 1,000 goals for a team like Manu and 1,000,000 goals for a team of the moment club like Spurs.

TT... we understaaaaaaand. We geddittttt.

We're just asking you to relaaaax.

I just don't know how this became an attack on the Johnny Foreigner(s). I don't need to express my loyalty or understanding of this club each time one of you goes on such a rampage. Neither does any other JF.

It's boring, tedious and incredibly immature.

Which was the only point I was making. Funny because I actually agree with you about the point in question, a point you thoroughly ignored and instead began accusing me of "not understanding." :lol:

I don't need some johnny foreigner telling me a local boy playing for his local club living his dream is going to fuk off at the first opportunity to anyone flying higher than us, its pure and utter bollocks. Spurs could be out of the CL by the time anyone can move and will probably never see CL football again reducing them to a Euro cup club and where we could easily be in 2-3 years.

I'm seeing this from a Geordie point of view and when it's about a situation like this it does fuking matter, sorry if the foreign contingent find that hard to swallow, but if you don't understand that then you don't understand why he'd want to stay, because scoring a goal in a No9 B&W shirt is worth a 1,000 goals for a team like Manu and 1,000,000 goals for a team of the moment club like Spurs.

TT... we understaaaaaaand. We geddittttt.

We're just asking you to relaaaax.

I just don't know how this became an attack on the Johnny Foreigner(s). I don't need to express my loyalty or understanding of this club each time one of you goes on such a rampage. Neither does any other JF.

It's boring, tedious and incredibly immature.

Which was the only point I was making. Funny because I actually agree with you about the point in question, a point you thoroughly ignored and instead began accusing me of "not understanding." :lol:

You are the one starting with the LoG shit, it was very much about the point that a Geordie can feel something for his club beyond logical measures, something never once considered by Baba, yet me a Geordie the first thing that springs to mind. I never once asked you to prove yourself, i doubt i've ever asked that of any fan and welcome outside support, though when I'm being told Geordie roots don't matter in this situation it offends tbh, because I know its bollocks.

And tbh, when addressing Baba I'm addressing an internet persona which I cannot take seriously or get a measure of.

The Johnny Foreigner nonsense is just uncalled for. You a Geordie from Newcastle and you have the right to your opinion. I am a Yoruba from Ondo State and I have the right to my opinion. Don't dismiss what I am saying because you were born and raised a bit closer to SJP.

This:

"I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football"

Wouldn't look out of place written by The guardian or some southern tabloid fuker. Not once could the fact a Geordie playing for the club he loves could come in to consideration, the 'I don't see why not' covers that.

You see I think most footballers act mostly act rationally and not out of blind love for clubs and entities. Tottenham are in a much better position right now. This career lasts 10-15 years at most. Most players want to get paid as much as possible and win as much as possible. It would be special to achieve this with your boyhood team, but if they aren't up to it, you leave.

And tbh, when addressing Baba I'm addressing an internet persona which I cannot take seriously or get a measure of.

Right, I don't usually get nasty on this forum, but you can go f*** yourself, really. I don't know why have turned a small paragraph response about Andy Carroll into a personal attack on me, but I would appreciate it you stopped. My "internet persona" thinks you are being a bit ridiculous.

Doctor Zaius, I would leave if I thought I could accomplish things at the new club that I could not accomplish at the old one. Your boyhood club is always going to be that, but business is business.

I don't believe for one minute that he would leave in January and it would be crazy for the club to allow that to happen - how on earth could we afford to replace him.  I see him as wanting to spend at least a couple of years here improving his game and gaining a reputation as another one of our famous Number 9s but after that who knows - I guess it would depend on how Newcastle were doing. 

From the Club's point of view, why accept £6m now when if he continues to improve at the rate he is doing, he could be worth in excess of £30m as a young English striker (basing this on the Milner fee).

I hate the way 'Arry always wants the latest shiny new toy.  He must be so frustrated that Levy is restricting his spending.  He'd be in his element as the England manager having all those players at his disposal.

Doctor Zaius, I would leave if I thought I could accomplish things at the new club that I could not accomplish at the old one. Your boyhood club is always going to be that, but business is business.

Not for me but i suppose thats where our opinions differ. If I was a world class footballer, fair enough, you'd have to give it some consideration. However Andy Carroll is not a world class footballer, yes he's a very good player but not world class and wouldnt get into a team challenging for all the honours going. Yes you could leave and maybe pick up a league cup winners medal at spurs, maybe even an FA cup medal however sticking with your home town club and becoming a legend would certainly mean more to me than a few medals.

There's no guarantee's he'll stick mind. In fact it would be a rarity, cant think of many good footballers who have stuck at a club not playing good football mind.

Carroll wouldn't leave during his first no.9 season, no doubt. If we'd go down again, I think he'd be off, and rightly so. If we stay up and show reasonable ambition, I can't see why he would leave his boyhood club for Spurs. Maybe if Chelsea or Manchester United came knocking in a few years time and we've not improved, but as long as it's not a club always challenging for honours I can't honestly see why he would leave his home, friends and boyhood club for another club that probably will be lounging around the Europa League spots/mid-table. (Not saying we will this season, just that we should at least aim to get there in the next few if we don't go down again.)

Carroll wouldn't leave during his first no.9 season, no doubt. If we'd go down again, I think he'd be off, and rightly so. If we stay up and show reasonable ambition, I can't see why he would leave his boyhood club for Spurs. Maybe if Chelsea or Manchester United came knocking in a few years time and we've not improved, but as long as it's not a club always challenging for honours I can't honestly see why he would leave his home, friends and boyhood club for another club that probably will be lounging around the Europa League spots/mid-table. (Not saying we will this season, just that we should at least aim to get there in the next few if we don't go down again.)

:thup:

As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle. It would take a lot for AC to leave us especially after getting the No 9 shirt, but saying that scoring one goal for us = 1,000 goals for Man Utd is bollocks exaggeration. Yes there is the emotional attachment of a Geordie playing for a Newcastle, but if we don't match his ambition (assuming he improves) in the next 3-4 years, then he would jump ship to any of the top 8 for European football and a better wage packet. Local pride is not unique to Newcastle, fans of so many clubs  have their own version of what loyalty means, yet time and time again we see local players leaving their beloved clubs for a variety of reasons. Loyalty and love of the club is a factor for the player to consider, but it almost never trumps ambition, trophies and money.

The Johnny Foreigner nonsense is just uncalled for. You a Geordie from Newcastle and you have the right to your opinion. I am a Yoruba from Ondo State and I have the right to my opinion. Don't dismiss what I am saying because you were born and raised a bit closer to SJP.

This:

"I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football"

Wouldn't look out of place written by The guardian or some southern tabloid fuker. Not once could the fact a Geordie playing for the club he loves could come in to consideration, the 'I don't see why not' covers that.

You see I think most footballers act mostly act rationally and not out of blind love for clubs and entities. Tottenham are in a much better position right now. This career lasts 10-15 years at most. Most players want to get paid as much as possible and win as much as possible. It would be special to achieve this with your boyhood team, but if they aren't up to it, you leave.

Right, I don't usually get nasty on this forum, but you can go f*** yourself, really. I don't know why have turned a small paragraph response about Andy Carroll into a personal attack on me, but I would appreciate it you stopped. My "internet persona" thinks you are being a bit ridiculous.

:lol: You prove once again why you're so loved on this forum.

You tell'em, sistah.

I know all about Nigerian tribes through Nollywood and the Hausa melodramas. I concur, the Yorubas are the superior tribe.

lot of truth spoken there for me

Guest Brazilianbob

Lets not lose sight of the fact that we have a maximum weekly wage at our club of around £35k, and if Carrolls agent works on him with a Spurs offer of £60k a week he may have his head turned, and if Spurs offer a ridiculous amount then we may find out that we are a selling club.  Lets not forget that the business plan is to find good young talent that can be sold at a profit.  Carroll would surely fit that description!

Unless NUFC are relegated, its hard to see Carroll leaving for at least a year or two, but it wouldn't be a major shock if he did. The club's wage structure and limited transfer funds mean that any player who is able to play for any of the top clubs is likely to go. It has ALWAYS happened, even in the SJH/KK era when Andy Cole went to Man U(although the club had other ambitions then, incl Shearer).

We are now in a similar situation to when Beardsley and Gazza were at the club ; middle ranking club who will not be spending big bucks or challenging for top honours. We lost BOTH of those players and, TT, they were both GEORDIES so you theory doesn't stand up. I can tell you now, for certain, that we ALSO bid for Shearer in 1992 when he was being chased by Blackburn and Man U ; Blackburn bid 400,000 more for him and the player went there, but he still knew we were in for him. Are you saying he wasn't a 'proper' Geordie because he went to a club in the Prem(which we weren't at at the time ?

If players see that their club is going nowhere, they will leave - simple as..if KK hadn't been manager and got Newcastle promoted, do you think Beardo would have come back from Everton? Of course not, but he knew the club was going places under Keegan.

Unless we get taken over or Ashley has a change of policy, it is almost a knocking bet that Carroll will go to a better club PROVIDED he maintains his improvement and development.

Its going to be hard for some people to adjust to what it means to be a Newcastle fan when there isn't an unlimited supply of transfer funds - the only laughable part of this story is that we would accept 6m...then again, knowing Ashley.....