Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

I think Keane's all but finished to be honest.

Though short-term he's a million miles ahead of the alternatives to partner AC.

To do a 5-month job similar to what Beattie did for Stoke a couple of seasons ago, I'd take him.

Yeah, I agree. Could see Hughton agreeing too, he must realise we need some kind of solution to the striking problem.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I reckon Keane will fancy it this time around. Probably turned us down before assuming he'd get more of a look in at Spurs with them being in the CL and that we'd be struggling. Neither has really happened. In fact I bet he's regretting his decision now.

Whether or not he's good enough any more is open to debate but he must carry more of a goal threat than our other non-Carroll strikers.

He'd do well for us from January to the end of the season IMO.

I reckon Keane will fancy it this time around. Probably turned us down before assuming he'd get more of a look in at Spurs with them being in the CL and that we'd be struggling. Neither has really happened. In fact I bet he's regretting his decision now.

Whether or not he's good enough any more is open to debate but he must carry more of a goal threat than our other non-Carroll strikers.

He'd do well for us from January to the end of the season IMO.

I'm not a fan but he'd be a massive improvement on what we have. Generally puts a shift in n all.

What's bellamys return in the championship so far, if it's not more than a goal a game there's something wrong with him

Been injured. Only played 6 or 7 matches scoring two. But hes been very good apparently.

Keane would be great, but we should'e gone for Bellamy. He would make such a difference in this team with his movement and everything.

Him of Carroll would be cumtastic.

Doubt we ever had the option. Man City wouldn't have lent him to another club in the Prem.

What's bellamys return in the championship so far, if it's not more than a goal a game there's something wrong with him

Doesn't play upfront, plays left of a front 3 with Bothroyd uptop and Chopra right.

Apart from Keane on loan and Tuncay, I can't even think of any Prem strikers that would be allowed to leave/would be interested/be a reasonable price.

Yeah, not many easily attainable players that would be decent additions. We'd have to throw money onto the fire if we want somebody from England. It's best to look abroad, imo. Might be out of reach, but I'm wondering how much Lorient want for Gameiro.

Pretty much nobody can pull a 15-goal-a-season Premiership striker from out of their asses with anything less than 10 million pounds.

It's going to be tough come January. I can already see myself pulling my hair out when there are no signings by the 28th.