Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

I guess Nugent wouldn't cost much, better than what we have? Surely if we traded Shola or Loven he would be literally free.

From the same patch of Liverpool as Joey & big pals with both the Taylors. You are probably correct he is better than the players you mention but I think we really need to bring players in who will mare real difference to our starting XI atm. Would Nuge improve it by that much?

donovan? yes please

Him off/behind Carroll would definitely make us a top 14 team in this league. Would be a vast improvement on Shola and Jonas (he can play on the left too right?). But maybe only on a loan cause isn't he like 29 too or something?

Guest Stephen927

Donovan would be brilliant but no doubt he would have better offers, and at 28 and having spent a long time in the MLS, he'll not want to be messing around with a team like ours.

Hasn't he already said he would only come to the Premiership if it was back with Everton but then went on to even rule that out?

I'm pretty sure he would come back to the Premiership to any club if the offer was decent, we could od a lot worse then him and could get 3-4 good years out of him.

donovan signed a new contract this year if i remember, wont be cheap

The MLS will sell anyone at a decent price, means fuck all.

This.

MLS holds the contract of every player in the MLS and they will sell anyone at a decent price just to get the notoriety of "ex-MLS player in Prem"

For what it's worth I think Donovan could still do a job in the Prem and like others have stated he works really well "in the hole" and also can beat players out wide and deliver a good cross.

donovan signed a new contract this year if i remember, wont be cheap

The MLS will sell anyone at a decent price, means f*** all.

This.

MLS holds the contract of every player in the MLS and they will sell anyone at a decent price just to get the notoriety of "ex-MLS player in Prem"

For what it's worth I think Donovan could still do a job in the Prem and like others have stated he works really well "in the hole" and also can beat players out wide and deliver a good cross.

Fair enough