Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

If the Tiote signing and Legear link is anything to go by I'd imagine we've been scouting Holland/Belgium. If so then we could do worse than Ronald Vargas of Club Brugge.

Plays as an attacking midfielder or a wide player on both sides, Venezuelan international and has scored 12 goals in 19 games this season. Been linked with teams in Spain recently and might be a good alternative/subsititute to Ben Arfa.

Work permit might be a problem, though, unless he's got Belgian citizenship yet. (only takes a few years to obtain a Belgian passport)

Guest Heneage

Belgium really does have a lot of good prospects. I did a list a while back of players from both Holland and Belgium we should be looking at.

Guest Heneage

Gillet

Alderwield      Kompany  Van Buyten    Pocognoli

Vertonghen

Defour      Felliani

Hazard                  Lukaku              Dembele

Bench of Mirallas, Legear, Witsel, Simons, Lombaerts Mingnolet, Vadis Ofoe.

Really good young team in the making there, sadly it won't come to fruition.

Guest Heneage

Jesus christ yeah him to. Boyata coming through too and Da Laet. Has there been a better international team of individuals that's failed so spectacularly?

Guest Heneage

The likes of Mertens and Chadli you haven't even mentioned.

They've got an exceptional generation coming through atm, but it's being severely wasted.

Exactly, easy enough for a squad of 23. I only picked those 18 based on players I'd seen.

Jesus christ yeah him to. Boyata coming through too and Da Laet. Has there been a better international team of individuals that's failed so spectacularly?

Spain before 2008.

We have never had a crop of players like the current ones though. Not even when we had Puskas, Kubala and Di Stefano all playing for Spain :facepalm:

Yeah the Portugal golden generation was a lot better than that crowd. Dare I say so was England's.

I put a few quid on them to win 2012 ages ago, got about 110/1 I think. They really do have a very good side in the making.

200/1 now on Bet 365.

Possibly due to being 4th in their qualifying group atm.

Heh, typical. That's a pretty strong group, is a shame either one of them or Turkey will have to miss out.

Would they take Guus Hiddink on as manager? If they do, they can be a bit special in 3 yrs time.

They've recently had their fingers burnt with fellow Dutch journeyman Dick Advocaat, who did a very poor job. They've gone with a more known quanitity this time round with a Belgian who managed them back in the 90s, but he hasn't had the best of starts either.

Anyway, Hiddink is contracted to Turkey atm.