Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Ben Arfa confirmed in the morning?

We don't have to sign Ben Arfa during the transfer window.

Yes we do as you can only transfer a players registration during the window, Marseille currently hold his permanent registration.

I think he means we can wait till the summer

Must be in the printed version of L'Equipe and not the website yet but most of the websites quoting L'Equiipe's Sessegnon story are saying we've actually made an offer for him along with Villa, not just shown an interest.

Sounds like he's pulled a Ben Arfa, refusing to train etc.

Must be in the printed version of L'Equipe and not the website yet but most of the websites quoting L'Equiipe's Sessegnon story are saying we've actually made an offer for him along with Villa, not just shown an interest.

sessegnon ? never heard of him.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45058000/jpg/_45058473_shearer512.jpg

"we don't really know that much about stephane sessegnon"

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45058000/jpg/_45058473_shearer512.jpg

"we don't really know that much about stephane sessegnon"

ah my covers been blown.

A French player being a total bellend? Surely not.

He's from Benin. :laugh:

if any of the talk re ziani or sessegnon is true it seems like they have identified a creative centre mid as a priority.

I would have thought a left back and a forward were higher on the list.

He's from Benin. :laugh:

D'oh.

if any of the talk re ziani or sessegnon is true it seems like they have identified a creative centre mid as a priority.

Isn't Sessegnon more defensively minded?

I thought he was a box to box type rather than creative like

Isn't Sessegnon more defensively minded?

I thought he was a box to box type rather than creative like

Yeah - I'd always considered him a bit like a Fellaini without the ginormous hair.

I'd hope they could play wide right in place of Routledge.

I'd hope they could play wide right in place of Routledge.

surely everyone wants barton there ?

Sessegnon and Ziani typically play left, right or off the striker. Both atacking type players who would be good enough to go straight into the first team. Seen quite a bit of both in the African Nations tournaments. Ziani gave England a lot of headaches in the Algeria friendly leading up to the world cup if you recall.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sessegnon is definitely predominently an attacking mid/second striker.

Can't help but think of Hairdresser Saloon quality shampoo.

Sessegnon is definitely predominently an attacking mid/second striker.

Yeah, probably his best position, and you could say the same about Ziani. However, have seen both play wide too, and they are threats from those positions as well. Both would be players good enough for the first team, so hope we are really looking at either of them.

Sessegnon and Ziani typically play left, right or off the striker. Both atacking type players who would be good enough to go straight into the first team. Seen quite a bit of both in the African Nations tournaments. Ziani gave England a lot of headaches in the Algeria friendly leading up to the world cup if you recall.

Didn't we play them in the actual World Cup?