Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

is vela any good? he's done nothing in his career so far and looks lightweight/anonymous when i've seen him for arsenal.

I don't think he's really had a chance for them. Most Arsenal players who don't quite make the grade end up very decent players when they move on though..

Guest taps01

Pardew - "I want a player, our board wants a player but that doesn't mean the other club wants to sell," he said.

"In some ways you don't know if the result yesterday was a good thing or a bad thing. There's a sort of clue thrown in there."

Clue? Who's he on about?

From here -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/06/newcastle-united-andy-carroll-dubai

Pardew - "I want a player, our board wants a player but that doesn't mean the other club wants to sell," he said.

"In some ways you don't know if the result yesterday was a good thing or a bad thing. There's a sort of clue thrown in there."

Clue? Who's he on about?

From here -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/06/newcastle-united-andy-carroll-dubai

Signing someone from West Ham?

Clue? Who's he on about?

From here -

The entire last page of the thread was speculating about it. :lol:

Clue? Who's he on about?

From here -

The entire last page of the thread was speculating about it. :lol:

Where in the what now? Quit the speculating then and give me answers.

:blush:

I think it's pretty clear that quote has nothing to do with West Ham and everything to do with signing a striker. That's just me though.

But he says he doesn't know if the result was 'a good thing or a bad thing':

Good thing: wahey we beat Spammers 5-0

Bad thing: aw shit Leon scored a hat-trick there's nee way i can replace him nao D:

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pardew likes old fashioned wingers and probably isn't too impressed with the delivery of ours (Routledge), so that's the number one target I would expect. We don't really have an effective player at getting to the byeline and delivering.

However... having Joey ping the long diagonal balls in from the right Beckham-style is working a treat, and on the left flank we have a really clever Premier-league-worthy trick in that Jonas will toy with the ball and attract a couple of opposition players to him like bees to honey, then pop the ball back for the best crosser of a ball that we have after Barton, namely Enrique. We've got Ben Arfa to come back in, plus Routledge, Ferguson and (when fit) Raylor and Lua Lua as back-up, so we're not doing too badly.

Pardew's comments about the result possibly being a "bad thing" suggest to me he's been pushing for another striker too. Maybe a nippy finisher who could feed off Carroll's knock downs...