Players we've had on trial and not bought

Hughesy

Guest johnson293

Didn't we have Peter Schmeichel on trial too?

Not sure if he was ever on trial - remember we played his club Brondby in a friendly in the 88-89 (relegation) season, and we were linked with him at the time.

i'm sure my dad says we had alan hansen on trial and would have signed him before liverpool had we not been in the middle of sacking a manager?

I think Gordon Lee was interested in Hansen but either the board wouldn't come up with the dosh or Lee was poached by Everton before the deal went ahead....

brian reid (rangers centre half) and a very tall scandinavian forward whos name escapes me.

Kennet Anderson.

thats him :clap:

Remember KK chasing him in our promotion season but failed to sign for some reason.  I remember him and his agent sitting in the Milburn for one of our televised games on Tyne Tees.

played in a reserve game and because he was a trialist we werent allowed to charge for entry so we had about 5,000 the reserves at SJP.

I was talking about Fumaca.

Alan shearer- stuck him in Goal by all accounts. :blush:

He revealed on that radio show the other night that they were playing a game, and his team had one less player than the other, so everyone took a turn in goal. Shame, cos I always thought it was pretty funny!