Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Sometimes managers have to be brave. Santon at right back and Shane at left.

I agree he is looks more like a winger but Im sure he would do better at LB than Taylor and Santon would do better than Simpson.

At the moment though we are just not creating and he is someone who can create, cross or shoot and should definitely be seeing some game time against the lesser opposition.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Santon is going to be playing left back tbh. He's versatile & more inclined to use his right foot - i appreciate that but he's a left back. That's his job. Like other right footed left backs, Maldini, Lahm, Carragher etc etc.

Sometimes managers have to be brave. Santon at right back and Shane at left.

I agree he is looks more like a winger but Im sure he would do better at LB than Taylor and Santon would do better than Simpson.

At the moment though we are just not creating and he is someone who can create, cross or shoot and should definitely be seeing some game time against the lesser opposition.

I agree that as an attacking force a full back pairing of Santon and Ferguson makes sense. It's never a formation that has worked well for us but I wonder about:

Krul

Saylor Colo  Williamson (Pieters!)

Santon                                      Ferguson

Tiote  Cabaye

HBA          Marveaux (Jonas)

Ba

It might be something to do with that left back they spent £5m being on the bench instead.

Or not having enough matches under his belt after missing pre season with injury he just mightn't be ready for speed of PL.

I think it's both but more the former than the latter!

:nods:

Guest Roger Kint

Should be his time now, surely a better option than Ryan Taylor.

Aye those two professional games as a defender are more than enough experience to be thrown into a regular PL slot.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye those two professional games as a defender are more than enough experience to be thrown into a regular PL slot.

So should Alan Smith start ahead of Sammy?

If you are going to play Sammy as a holding midfielder then yes, if you dont understand the concept of positions in football then no.

If you are going to play Sammy as a holding midfielder then yes, if you dont understand the concept of positions in football then no.

I was meaning experience wise. Ryan Taylor can have all the experience in the world but i believe Ferguson is a better option at left back.

Uhh, I'd rather play Sammy as a holding midfielder over Alan Smith.

This why signing Neil Taylor would have been a good idea, even if we had to pay more than £1m for him. The decision not to buy any back up was made on the basis that Ferguson could be the understudy I presume. In which case the club has to back their decision and put him in at left back. If Ryan Taylor continues there is no hope of improving the dire football we've been forced to watch this season.

Guest Roger Kint

I was meaning experience wise. Ryan Taylor can have all the experience in the world but i believe Ferguson is a better option at left back.

Based on just two reserve games as a defender in his professional career. You cant possibly know that he has all the defensive side to his game sorted out better than Raylor will be from those games. Raylor isnt even the most experienced at LB but at least he knows the defensive side pretty well(even if he does get raped by fast tricky players)

Guest Roger Kint

I even think Kadar is a better option than Rayls.

Well you wont get a arguement there, at least he is a defender and has played there more.

Guest Roger Kint

Well then thank god we dont have a manager that thick

I'd also rather play a training cone over Alan Smith to be fair.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd also rather play a training cone over Alan Smith to be fair.

My first post answers that as well