Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

He might be acting like a bellend, but if he ever wants to participate in a tournament like the world cup etc he has to play for the republic. Northern Ireland will never qualify.

Seems to me he's just waiting Worthington out, he'd have declared for the Republic by now if he was going to surely? Wouldn't be surprised if he's let a few people in the NI FA know what the story is just waiting to see if he goes before the World Cup qualifiers.

Where did the initial issues with Worthington come from anyway?

Shane Ferguson is born in Derry though isnt he? The people I know from Derry describe it as an Irish town in Northern Ireland. Big majority of catholics. Not really surprised a Derry boy would chose to play for the Republic of Ireland as he probably consider himself to be more Irish than British.

Shane Ferguson is born in Derry though isnt he? The people I know from Derry describe it as an Irish town in Northern Ireland. Big majority of catholics. Not really surprised a Derry boy would chose to play for the Republic of Ireland as he probably consider himself to be more Irish than British.

Yeah, my girlfriend is from Derry and basically thinks of Ireland as one country, who are represented in sport by the Republic team. She would probably cheer NI as well like, but her allegiance is to Ireland in general.

That'd be a bit high and mighty for a lad who is only just turned 20 and has achieved nothing so far in his career IMO.

Indeed, though it must be said that the future looked bleak while Worthington was manager so Fergie has probably not declared anything yet because he wants to see what the future for the North holds? Just a guess here.

He is coming across a total bellend here. IMO, Norn Irish players who choose to play for the Republic are c***s. No loyalty to their country. UEFA need to do something about it. It's not even like NI is part of Eire, it's part of the UK FFS.

If you're born in the North you can get an Irish passport. They are perfectly entitled to play for the Republic and have no loyalty to the North or the UK. Deal with it.

If they're born and brought up in the North of Ireland how can they possibly have no loyalty to the North of ireland????? Doesn't make sense.

Because a lot of themselves see themselves as Irish and not Northern Irish or British.

Don't think it's as simple as having no loyalty to NI, they just want to represent their country, which they consider to be Ireland.

No idea about Ferguson's individual case mind, as some people have said if he was that committed to the Republic wouldn't he already have declared for them?

He is coming across a total bellend here. IMO, Norn Irish players who choose to play for the Republic are c***s. No loyalty to their country. UEFA need to do something about it. It's not even like NI is part of Eire, it's part of the UK FFS.

Completely agree. Why wouldn't you want to play for your own country?

Because it is part of both countries. Do some research on the Good Friday agreement.

To be fair to him, he'd get more chance of being first team for NI as we have a heap of shit playing for us. I assume the south have somewhat better players? (I don't even know who plays for the south anymore).

Yeah, my girlfriend is from Derry and basically thinks of Ireland as one country, who are represented in sport by the Republic team.

Give your lass a slap from me. ;)

Didn't Kevin Kilbane play like 100 games in a row or something stupid? I think Shane Ferguson will be alright either way.

65 competitive games in a row I do believe.

I'd have him at lb myself but don't see it happening, from what I can tell more conflict with the manager than wanting to switch

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...