Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

saw this on twitter not sure if its true or not

thegawa Green & White Army

I have been reliably informed that Shane Ferguson has told the IFA (not Nigel) that he wont play for Nigel (cont)

thegawa Green & White Army

as it has taken 6 people to pull out before he was even considered as he played in premier league last year. #gawa

Aye, that would definitely be a great idea. Those lads need first team experience, the reserves can be a good place to get match fitness but nothing beats having competitive games under your belt.

Would love to see Fergie go out on loan for a few months to get some first team experience, could probably go to a decent Championship side tbh. Impressed me massively in his few appearances last season  O0

Worthington plays centre backs at full back and full backs in central midfield.  All you need to know really.

Until we get a new manager in it's just a case of hoping Republic don't qualify for Euro 2012, as that would sway Ferguson's decision.

He's signing a new contract (worthington) isn't he? I'm sure I read the other day about how thankful he was for all the support.. Just what fucking support is this? I don't know of anyone who actually likes him.

From a defensive point of view our Full backs have been the weakest point of our team

I'd be quite tempted to have a look at Santon Right Back and Fergy LB (maybe in the cup?) especially when we are facing quick smaller right wingers or strikers like SWP, Lennon, Walcot, Routledge, Bellamy  etc ect. Young Ferguson could probably deal with their pace better than Raylor. We should have lost against QPR and SWP had a field day V Raylor, absolutely skinned him time after time.

The alternative is Santon LB with either Raylor or Simpson RB. Raylor has worked his socks off, been playing out of position and scored a few crackers in all fairness to the lad. Simpson looks good at times and woefull at others. Simpson has got everything in his locker to be a good RB but its his decision making that lets him down the most.

In Jan hopefully we'll be back in for Cissokho or similar. Ferguson would make a great understudy.

If Cissokho did come in. I'd be tempted to sell Simpson if a good offer came in £4-5m +. He seems to be rated by alot of oposition fans, unless that is  he really gets it together between now and January. Young Tavernier looks promising as a RB understudy and we'll keep Raylor as cover so he can't score wonderous free kicks against us. If Raylor keeps scoring and winning us matches he may even justify his place in our team if we are not letting much in at the other end because of him.

Sammi should ask him for some tips.

Responding on Twitter, Ferguson said there were "two sides to every story".

Ferguson added: "Some of these comments make me lol (laugh out loud)."

Can't be that much of a hassle just to say "Fuck off, I want to play for the Republic" or whatever, can it? ???

Sammi should ask him for some tips.

Responding on Twitter, Ferguson said there were "two sides to every story".

Ferguson added: "Some of these comments make me lol (laugh out loud)."

Can't be that much of a hassle just to say "Fuck off, I want to play for the Republic" or whatever, can it? ???

I'm not sure he does (though I'd welcome him with open arms) he turned out for the northern u21's last time out so it appears to be an issue with the manager Worthington