NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Many, many tickets left for this.  A poor show really considering form

It's on telly, any home game that is on telly will not be sold out apart from top 4-6 and the mackems game imo.

Many, many tickets left for this. A poor show really considering form

All the gloryhunters were stung after they magically showed up following the Villa game expecting us to steamroller Blackpool without breaking sweat; they're not arsed this time with it being on the telly. This wanker in the spare seat next to me sat there whinging for 80mins then fucked off. Hope he doesn't come back.

It's on telly, any home game that is on telly will not be sold out apart from top 4-6 and the mackems game imo.

Even still it looks even more sparse than Villa. A sad indictment

Guest neesy111

Even still it looks even more sparse than Villa. A sad indictment

I'm sure quite a few over the weekend will be sold.  Should remember newcastle/north east will be having very heavy cuts soon, so people I think are belt tightening as well.

Looking forward to this but I really haven't got a clue what to expect from Stoke. Hope we don't let them kick lumps out of us and there is plenty of protection for Ben Arfa. Anyone know how good their fullbacks are?

converted centre halves i think if its huth and collins.

Looking forward to this but I really haven't got a clue what to expect from Stoke. Hope we don't let them kick lumps out of us and there is plenty of protection for Ben Arfa. Anyone know how good their fullbacks are?

Hmm so our wingers should burn them for pace??? Still don't know what to expect  :lol:

Hmm so our wingers should burn them for pace??? Still don't know what to expect  :lol:

yeah but their midfielders will work back also and they'll have loads of height and strength for when our wide man cant get a yard on them. our full backs and central midfielders could hold the key to this, i'd be tempted to play raylor instead of perch and get barton and tiote looking for gaps when they double up on the wide men.

The Guardian Squad Sheet reckons Smith with start in front of Tiote. Luckily, they haven't got it right yet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/24/squad-sheets-newcastle-united-stoke

Yes, I can see how they come to that conclusion with Tiote being shite against Everton and Smith being amazing in the Chelsea game. Especially considering 'Both Chris Hughton and Tony Pulis are likely to switch back to Premier League mode after making wholesale changes for their club's respective Carling Cup victories in midweek.'. :thup:

The Guardian Squad Sheet reckons Smith with start in front of Tiote. Luckily, they haven't got it right yet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/24/squad-sheets-newcastle-united-stoke

Yes, I can see how they come to that conclusion with Tiote being s**** against Everton and Smith being amazing in the Chelsea game. Especially considering 'Both Chris Hughton and Tony Pulis are likely to switch back to Premier League mode after making wholesale changes for their club's respective Carling Cup victories in midweek.'. :thup:

They don't even have Tiote on the bench. 

Lawro:

Newcastle are another team who have had a great week - they played really well against Everton and Chelsea and to beat both of those sides away from home is an excellent effort.

Hatem Ben Arfa grabbed all the headlines for his winner at Goodison Park but another of their new-boys, Cheik Tiote, has done very well too.

There will be a tide of euphoria at St James' Park but, having said that, Stoke will be a tough nut to crack and I can't see them leaving the north-east empty-handed.

Prediction: 2-2