NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i have faith that Krul will be ok,  its just a slight concern as Stoke's strength is pumping balls into the box.

Krul needs a good run of games to take another step towards becoming a very good keeper.  Learning to deal with teams like Stoke is something that he'll not be used to and he'll only improve because of it.  Playing for the reserves is great up to a point as you'll know but the football can become sterile at times as most teams try to play nice football.

People expect a win against Stoke because they are s*** etc. Its typical us to draw or loose this game like we did against Blackpool. My prediction is a dull 1-1

It we give it 100% and don't expect to just turn up and take the points then we'll win.  When we go into games expecting to win we can sit back and take it easy, unlike the games which we've won when we've been closing players down as soon as the ball has moved.  Against Blackpool we were often second to react and gave them too much room in which to play the ball around.

People expect a win against Stoke because they are shit etc. Its typical us to draw or loose this game like we did against Blackpool. My prediction is a dull 1-1

Don't think they do, there's been a load of different views about it. On balance, I reckon we've got a very good chance of getting a win. I know this is going to be a rollercoaster season, but form and confidence must mean something.

I reckon we'll give away a pen in this.

3-1 us.

No pen for the challenge on Nolan vs Everton, Alex's non-penalty and a red card card/penalty decision vs Stoke seems super plausible unfortunately.

this.

Guest stokie5554

'Castle will win 2-0, comeing from a Stoke fan. Your a very good side and play some good stuff at times, i think if you play someone fast down the wing running at Delap and Huth then you'll hammer us. Oh and by the way fair play on beating them horrible cockney Bas***ds ;)  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Regards:

Stoke City Football Club.

I would start Sol ahead of Williamson tbh. Also would bring Jonas back in for Nolan, with Ben Arfa playing just off Carroll, and Jonas on the left. But that's never gonna happen :(

Why?

Because Williamson is a penalty waiting to happen most of the time, Sol gives us more from a leadership point of view. Thought Sol and Colo together last night, looked pretty good. Williamson has been a steady eddy so far, but just think he's gonna get called for the holding he does constantly at some point. He reminds me a bit of Bassong who did very well for us but was always a little borderline. If he stay of the right side of the line he looks good but wouldn't take much to push him over.

Agree with comments about Williamson - made the same point after the Everton game because he DOES hold players in the pen area and soon refs are going to be telling linesmen to watch for it - they will also be looking out for it too and we WILL concede pens that way.

Aye Williamson seriously needs to stop holding players - he got away with a fair bit against Everton

Yup agree with that...I really really hate Felliani and he should have been sent off for that elbow but equally he could have got at least 1 penalty against Williamson

Does anybody know a good place to watch that game in Amsterdam, as I will be there over the weekend?!?

Coco's outback, rembrandtplein. Big Heieken in a frosty glass, loads of screens, darts, pool, smoking area, also Satellite sports bar at Leidseplein. Would give the Newcastle pub a miss, fair play for the association, but it's a dump. Have a good 'un, lucky lucky f***er, oh, and try Burger bar (Kolksteeg), you won't regret it.

As for the game, 4-0.

First post by the way, so hello to all. :) Been away from newcastle for 6 years now, a proud wearer of the B&W surrounded by Manyoo, Arse and Celtic shirts at every turn. Glad to join up, great forum.

I would start Sol ahead of Williamson tbh. Also would bring Jonas back in for Nolan, with Ben Arfa playing just off Carroll, and Jonas on the left. But that's never gonna happen :(

Why?

Because Williamson is a penalty waiting to happen most of the time, Sol gives us more from a leadership point of view. Thought Sol and Colo together last night, looked pretty good. Williamson has been a steady eddy so far, but just think he's gonna get called for the holding he does constantly at some point. He reminds me a bit of Bassong who did very well for us but was always a little borderline. If he stay of the right side of the line he looks good but wouldn't take much to push him over.

Agree with comments about Williamson - made the same point after the Everton game because he DOES hold players in the pen area and soon refs are going to be telling linesmen to watch for it - they will also be looking out for it too and we WILL concede pens that way.

Might be wrong but can't see Hughton leaving out a 6 foot 4 inch CB for this one.

Why?

Might be wrong but can't see Hughton leaving out a 6 foot 4 inch CB for this one.

He'll not drop Williamson, who has been impressive so far, for a not fully match fit Campbell on the basis of something which may happen, thank God.

Does anybody know a good place to watch that game in Amsterdam, as I will be there over the weekend?!?

Coco's outback, rembrandtplein. Big Heieken in a frosty glass, loads of screens, darts, pool, smoking area, also Satellite sports bar at Leidseplein. Would give the Newcastle pub a miss, fair play for the association, but it's a dump. Have a good 'un, lucky lucky f***er, oh, and try Burger bar (Kolksteeg), you won't regret it.

As for the game, 4-0.

First post by the way, so hello to all. :) Been away from newcastle for 6 years now, a proud wearer of the B&W surrounded by Manyoo, Arse and Celtic shirts at every turn. Glad to join up, great forum.

Cheers!