NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Considering that we should have won against Blackpool because the amount of chances we've had - I think we'll win comfortable today.

Also the fact that Tiote is starting ahead of Smith and that Ben Arfa will start makes me even more confident.

5-0. (Said that before Blackpool as well, though).

Blackpool would have been just as much as an embarrassment to the players as it was to us.

They're going to come out blazing and absolutely destroy Stoke. I've been right on the games so far and it's how I feel about this one. To be fair, I didn't get a good feeling about the game until yesterday. I couldn't feel anything until then for some reason.

Bar a freak situation or terrible ref; this is a comfortable 4-0 victory.

:kinnear:

We have the players to stop the Delap throw. We have the players to match the the physicality of Stoke.  Some teams are broke before they play Stoke, I hope we are not one of them.

I am not sure the power of The Big AC & Nolan will damage Stoke, so hopefully Lil Wayne & Benny will drift in from the flanks at times to give us some speed down the middle.

The Potters' last victory at St James' Park was a 1-0 win in March 1976.

• The Potters have not kept a clean sheet in their last six league games.

• Seven of the eight league goals they have conceded this season have come in the first half.

• Stoke have lost six of their last 10 Premier League matches

Steve Harper's shoulder injury means young Dutchman Tim Krul will keep goal for Newcastle. He has yet to conceded a goal in four league appearances for the Magpies.

We need to play passing football on the ground and play our own game around Stoke, we won't get anything trying to match them physically. With HBA and Routledge we have threats out wide (Their full backs are converted CB's aren't they?) and we should be using that to our advantage.

People are worried about the throw from Delap, I hope that he plays because other than that he's very average.

Average is a very kind assessment tbh. He uses his main weapon well, which is fair enough, but otherwise he is a poor, poor footballer IMO.

Looking forward to this to see how you do when you're favourites once more. I think pressure did get to you against Blackpool but the sheer buzz from the last 2 results and Hughton will make sure you don't make the same mistake. Sticking with 2-1 as I think they'll give you a tough game.

Average is a very kind assessment tbh. He uses his main weapon well, which is fair enough, but otherwise he is a poor, poor footballer IMO.

I did think about adding "at best" at the end of the post, I wouldn't want him in my team at all.

Guest elbee909

Looking forward to this to see how you do when you're favourites once more. I think pressure did get to you against Blackpool but the sheer buzz from the last 2 results and Hughton will make sure you don't make the same mistake. Sticking with 2-1 as I think they'll give you a tough game.

I imagine the words 'remember what happened against Blackpool' may be used prior to kick-off today.

Get the ball to our quick players as much as possible and run at them. Carroll and Nolan will taker care of their bruisers. If we are on form then they will struggle to contain Barton/Arfa/Jonas/Routledge. Get Jose and Perch bombing on too to create even more space. Won't be easy but we can do it.

I don't think pressure got to us, I think we just expected an easy game and because of that we didn't put the effort in when in front of goal.