I know we should all rejoice in celebration but...

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just wanted to know which of these posts is the daftest one!

Hope Hughton takes this competition seriously for your sake: what a chance has opened up.

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit.  I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old shit will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

VS

I am tempted to leave out Ben Arfa for this match.  The chances of him getting an injury from this match is quite high.  I'd rahter give up 2 points.

Make your voices heard!

I'd rather put out the Newcastle Rugby team and/or Ice Hockey team out against Stoke than any of our players.

Tonight is a great chance to convert your bairns! Surely they must see the light now?

I was desperate for tickets to go, would have been great for them to see us stuff it up Chelsea at the bridge. For now I'll settle for mocking them in the hope they will turn.

Guest malandro

Zero's is stupider but malandro is generally s***. Voted for him.

Why do you want NUFC to win a trophy?

Am I reading this right?

Can you read?

Guest malandro

Why do you want NUFC to win a trophy?

I would think for a lot of our fans it's because they would like to know how it feels.

Winning the LC would feel like pulling a fit looking lass who turns out to have a cock.

The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits.

Recent League Cup finals

2005: Liverpool vs Chelsea

2006: Man Utd vs Wigan

2007: Arsenal vs Chelsea

2008: Chelsea vs Spurs

2009: Man Utd vs Spurs

2010: Aston Villa vs Man Utd

Some proper third rate clubs there like, none of them are anywhere near as big as we are.

Seeing as you conveniently missed it.