Come on guys - we can raise the £250 plus VAT for the fixture list license!

Guest pricedoutoftoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GeordieAce

Once again, it's not that the information isn't available. We know the information is freely available on other websites.

The whole point is that it would allow us to talk freely about the fixtures.

Personally I reckon that's worth a tenner, however, I'm in a minority and there's not enough support for it so it won't go ahead.

well we have 21 already, if all 21 (including myself of course) put down a tenner, I don't mind topping up the additional 40 quid

You'd pay £50 to be able to post fixture lists on here? Fair play mate

It's just absolute insanity handing over another £250 to the Premier League simply because you can't be arsed to open a new browser tab.

This.

It's never been an issue for me so not bothered about contributing.

Guest neesy111

In terms of biggest wastes of money, this has to be up there with Alan Smith.

Agreed, can't believe people would be willing to spend £10, on something they can access with a touch of a button for nowt.

Guest neesy111

That's 24 now (assuming everyone who voted yes are actually willing to pay). Serious question, do the admin agree with the proposal as in will you guys allow those willing to pay to go ahead?

You need 5 more, VAT will push it just below the £290 mark.

That's 24 now (assuming everyone who voted yes are actually willing to pay). Serious question, do the admin agree with the proposal as in will you guys allow those willing to pay to go ahead?

You need 5 more, VAT will push it just below the £290 mark.

They'll need a lot more "yes"'s, at least four or five times more. No way in hell are all those who have voted yes coughing it up.

In terms of biggest wastes of money, this has to be up there with Alan Smith.

Agreed, can't believe people would be willing to spend £10, on something they can access with a touch of a button for nowt.

Thanks for pointing out the VAT Neesy.

In terms of purpose, I'll say it one last time because people are missing the point. The whole purpose is NOT to get the fixture list, yes we can get that from plenty of other sources. The point is for all forum members to be able to discuss the fixture list openly and for admin not to be worried every time someone discusses them by mistake. If you think that is a waste of money, fine there is no compulsion to contribute or even  to discuss the fixtures with real names (after the license has been bought), if you don't want to. 

The waste of money is shown by just how little need there is to be able to discuss these fixtures openly, you better start your own "let's discuss the fixtures in this thread to get our money's worth" thread if you go through with it, because otherwise it'll just have been wasted. We hardly discuss anything beyond our next, or next two, matches regardless and I don't see where discussing the next five/ten fixtures would at all be relevant on a consistent basis.

Guest dazzanufc1892

i wouldnt pay for this shit, nothing wrong with clicking 1 of the millions of sites that have it.

I would however pay for the costs of the site

of if anyone else wants to, and the mods agree, how about if we raise £200 for charity through donations, say for sir bobs.....ronaldo gets banned?

Guest neesy111

I would say the forum has managed fine without the need for fixtures to be discussed so far, why change it and save £10 from quite a few people's pockets.

i wouldnt pay for this s***, nothing wrong with clicking 1 of the millions of sites that have it.

I would however pay for the costs of the site

of if anyone else wants to, and the mods agree, how about if we raise £200 for charity through donations, say for sir bobs.....ronaldo gets banned?

Haha good one, I would double my offer for Ronaldo to get banned  :laugh:

Guest neesy111

Ronaldo's one of the better posters on here tbh.

He sticks to his views/believes at least.  The fact is not many people agree with them :lol:.  But the forum is all about different people's views tbh.

This would be a recurring cost as well, people should remember. It's not a one-off license. It needs renewing every season. (I know PooT popped this in his opening line, but a lot of the discussion seems to disregard the fact.)

I would like to be able to discuss fixtures here as well, being perfectly honest, but as others have pointed out any money I have put into the site/will put into the site goes towards the cost of keeping it going. Which absolutely has to be the priority. £250 pays for a good few months of hosting.

It's a nice idea like.

He can argue his point, that's what makes him a good poster even if one's in agreement or not. It's the lesser posters who can't argue their opinion that get angry and call him a s*** poster.

That's rubbish imo. I have no problem with members giving different views no matter how shit the views are. The problem I have (and I suspect many others) is his condescending attitude towards anyone who disagrees with him and his need to make almost all arguments personal.