Premier League sack race

Dave

Arsenal only need to be in the CL places, that's all, to repay their loans and Emirates. They'd be absolutely mad to shake up a regime as deep-rooted as Wenger's that delivers constant top-draw revenue. They would probably like to win something, but the board's number 1 priority has got to be to service the debt, and by recent articles they seem to be making a very good job of it.

Yeah, look at what they've achieved in the last 6 years, nowt. Arsenal can do better than Wenger.

:dowie:

At least Arsene Wenger (and I hate myself for saying this) is trying to remould English football and prove that you don't need 6'3" thugs to win (even though he hasn't really proven it). The commentator said during the last Arsenal game something I agreed with: Would Jack Whilshire have been given the chance to develop if he wasn't at Arsenal? Would his size have been held against him?

Arsenal the team might do better without Wenger, but Wenger's impact on the Premier League has been huge. Helped the influx of foreign stars to come in, which in turn helped change the pub culture that English players had towards a more healthy lifestyle. While he might not have won anything for a while, you can't deny he's helped sell the belief that the English Premier League is one of the best and most exciting leagues in the World through Arsenal's ventures in Europe.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being serious, or just bored sitting in your room and go out to wind people up with your short, 'insightful' replies. Sometimes I start to reply to your posts, then just go 'Why bother' and see a whole host of invisible  :fishing: suddenly appear!

Wenger's best team had 6ft+ thugs in Keown, Campbell, Toure & Vieria at the very least, while also breaking records for red and yellow cards for a title winning team. Not to mention Jen Lehman and and Lauren, dirty players while not being too small and Ashley Cole a grade A dirty cunt especially back in those days.

Yeah, look at what they've achieved in the last 6 years, nowt. Arsenal can do better than Wenger.

At least Arsene Wenger (and I hate myself for saying this) is trying to remould English football and prove that you don't need 6'3null thugs to win (even though he hasn't really proven it). The commentator said during the last Arsenal game something I agreed with: Would Jack Whilshire have been given the chance to develop if he wasn't at Arsenal? Would his size have been held against him?

Arsenal the team might do better without Wenger, but Wenger's impact on the Premier League has been huge. Helped the influx of foreign stars to come in, which in turn helped change the pub culture that English players had towards a more healthy lifestyle. While he might not have won anything for a while, you can't deny he's helped sell the belief that the English Premier League is one of the best and most exciting leagues in the World through Arsenal's ventures in Europe.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being serious, or just bored sitting in your room and go out to wind people up with your short, 'insightful' replies. Sometimes I start to reply to your posts, then just go 'Why bother' and see a whole host of invisible  :fishing: suddenly appear!

That's very interesting, and I'm sure you put a lot of thought and effort into your long post. It doesn't address my comments at all, though.

Wenger is a stubborn and petty man and it's holding Arsenal back. He's being paid to deliver success, he isn't doing it.

Guest neesy111

Tbf, I had this discussion about Arsenal and lack of trophies with a Season Ticket holder for them at work.  The guy said while trophies etc are nice if you do win them, he goes to the football to be entertained and he certainly get's that at Arsenal and he's very happy with what he see's.  Almost like us under the Entertainers anyone who had the privilege to have a season ticket during that period will remember it as the best period possibly in Newcastle's history for the football that was played.

But it depends on your view of success Ronaldo, our board views success as Champions League places, that's why David Dein left, he saw success as winning the league that's why he thought we should go after outside investment.

We don't need outside investment, we have plenty of money to buy somebody, Almunia was shit today, but he wasn't alone in this, i'd expect us to normally score 4 against West Brom, we usually do. Clichy has been terrible the last 2/3 games if Gibbs was fit i'd drop him for a couple of games.

New keeper is needed, Arsene knows it, he tried but not hard enough.

If he was sacked i would boycott the club completely.

Hearing how my Dad says it has changed and reading how it has changed since Wenger (as i was only 6 pre-Wenger) he's delighted, i think he'd be really annoyed too.

Guest neesy111

At least Arsene Wenger (and I hate myself for saying this) is trying to remould English football and prove that you don't need 6'3null thugs to win (even though he hasn't really proven it). The commentator said during the last Arsenal game something I agreed with: Would Jack Whilshire have been given the chance to develop if he wasn't at Arsenal? Would his size have been held against him?

That's very interesting, and I'm sure you put a lot of thought and effort into your long post. It doesn't address my comments at all, though.

Wenger is a stubborn and petty man and it's holding Arsenal back. He's being paid to deliver success, he isn't doing it.

Your right to a degree, but no-one else in the world could get a team playing like what they do at their best, because when that happens only Barcelona can compete in terms of the quality of the football.  IMO entertainment of the game itself takes a more important part than results nowadays because of the vast sums involved in which people have to pay, usually good football turn's itself into good results anycase. 

Guest neesy111

Should remember Arsenal financially are possibly in the best financial position of any team in Europe bar Man City, and are a blue-print in how to run a football club.

If Wenger was to leave he wouldn't be sacked, he's had too much influence for that. They'd come to some agreement at the end of a season and probably get him to help select their replacement. It'll be the same with Ferguson and is what we should have done with SBR.

Guest neesy111

It'd be interesting to see the amount of howlers arsenal keepers have done in recent seasons compared to Cech, Reina and Van der Sar alike.  Bet it's cost them a god damn few points each of the seasons.

Said it during the transfer window but it seems like wenger doesn't want to win things anymore. The whole world could see it was goalkeeper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> keep going >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bit further >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> don't give up, last few >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else.

I just don't buy it that he couldn't get anyone better, not with his scouting network. Aluminium is bramble in goal seemingly missing the good bits.

Guest neesy111

Said it during the transfer window but it seems like wenger doesn't want to win things anymore. The whole world could see it was goalkeeper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> keep going >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bit further >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> don't give up, last few >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else.

I just don't buy it that he couldn't get anyone better, not with his scouting network. Aluminium is bramble in goal seemingly missing the good bits.

He's had a few opportunitys to buy Given, but from what I'm told Wenger doesn't rate his overall game (for which I'm in agreement with) with the way he command's his box (or lack of it) and how he organizes his defence.  As Wenger when he get's players doesn't just buy them to fill a position.

TBH i wouldn't be massively delighted with Given but he obviously would be an improvement and wouldn't make mistakes like Almunia and Fabianski have done consistently for the last couple of Seasons. Almunia has been doing it as far back as when he came in for Lehmann around 05 time! He should just offer £15m for Reina (imo best keeper in the league) i think they would accept it!

TBH i wouldn't be massively delighted with Given but he obviously would be an improvement and wouldn't make mistakes like Almunia and Fabianski have done consistently for the last couple of Seasons. Almunia has been doing it as far back as when he came in for Lehmann around 05 time! He should just offer £15m for Reina (imo best keeper in the league) i think they would accept it!

funny you mention that but notw is saying your after him

therefore no chance of it happening

Guest neesy111

How the fuck could you not be happy with Given after what you've had over the years?

I see where he is coming from though, Given to some people isn't the superstar keeper which quite a few a people make him out to be IMO.

I refuse to believe that a decent keeper hasn't become available for a modest amount of money who wouldn't be streets ahead of Almunia in the last few years. Wenger simply hasn't addressed the most obvious weakness in his squad. 

Guest Roger Kint

Given is good but not great. Massive improvement on that joker, though.

This. Long shots hes shit though but as a stopper theres few better.

Guest neesy111

Given is good but not great. Massive improvement on that joker, though.

This. Long shots hes shit though but as a stopper theres few better.

Shot stopper he'd in the best 5 in the world for me.  It's his ability to deal with crosses, long shots and to command his defence that is very suspicious for me.

I think that's why Mancini went for Joe Hart as he to me is better than given in those areas.