Premier League sack race

Dave

I like Wenger and I like his style of play. However, like many on here, he has relied too much on foreign fancy dans in the last few years rather than providing a good mix of skill and grit, which he hjad in the days of Adams and Bergkamp.

In my opinion, he has had the opportunity to address two key areas in his team in the last few years but for some reason, resisted. If he had bought a quality goalkeeper like Buffon and a quality striker like Van Nistelrooy, I am sure they would have won heaps of trophies and that is his downfall.

I like the idea that he is prepared to bring the kids through but he needs to mix it up with a bit of experience as well. For example, could you imagine a better midfield than Walcott, Vieira type, Fabregas and Ashavin. Skill, pace, grit and goals there. He is close to this but needs to find that Vieira player.

At the back, I am not convinced and I think he needs a solid English leader type like Terry to organise his back four.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Should remember Arsenal financially are possibly in the best financial position of any team in Europe bar Man City, and are a blue-print in how to run a football club.

Bit far fetched considering all German clubs are debt free, can still spend decent money on players and the standard of football has improved greatly in the last 5 years.

Dont be surprise if it turns out to be Moyes.

I'd be massively surprised.

There is no way on earth that Kenwright would sack him. They have far too comfortable a relationship for that to happen. It would also cost us millions which we don't have. Besides all that, there isn't even any pressure for him to go from the stands.

There is no way on earth that Kenwright would sack him. They have far too comfortable a relationship for that to happen. It would also cost us millions which we don't have. Besides all that, there isn't even any pressure for him to go from the stands.

i could see him walking tbh if things don't pick up soon

i could see him walking tbh if things don't pick up soon

That's the only way he'll go. Won't be sacked.

While everyone else panics about Moyes the Everton fans sit patiently waiting for him to turn it around. Says it all really about Moyes' position.

I read some of their forums after the Everton-Newcastle match and that wasn't the impression I got tbh.

Forums are probably the worst place to gauge fan opinion though.

While everyone else panics about Moyes the Everton fans sit patiently waiting for him to turn it around. Says it all really about Moyes' position.

I read some of their forums after the Everton-Newcastle match and that wasn't the impression I got tbh.

Forums are probably the worst place to gauge fan opinion though.

Particularly just after a home defeat where we were not only aiming for 3 points from, but were awful in as well. Similar to the weekend just gone on here, I'd suggest.

There's not a lot of pressure, if any, on Moyes from fans. The media will no doubt try and create some but I repeat what I said earlier in the thread and also what 1878 has said: 0% chance of getting sacked, but I guess there's always a chance of him walking.

I like Wenger and I like his style of play. However, like many on here, he has relied too much on foreign fancy dans in the last few years rather than providing a good mix of skill and grit, which he hjad in the days of Adams and Bergkamp.

In my opinion, he has had the opportunity to address two key areas in his team in the last few years but for some reason, resisted. If he had bought a quality goalkeeper like Buffon and a quality striker like Van Nistelrooy, I am sure they would have won heaps of trophies and that is his downfall.

I like the idea that he is prepared to bring the kids through but he needs to mix it up with a bit of experience as well. For example, could you imagine a better midfield than Walcott, Vieira type, Fabregas and Ashavin. Skill, pace, grit and goals there. He is close to this but needs to find that Vieira player.

At the back, I am not convinced and I think he needs a solid English leader type like Terry to organise his back four.

Pretty much this. :thup:

If Wenger was to leave he wouldn't be sacked, he's had too much influence for that. They'd come to some agreement at the end of a season and probably get him to help select their replacement. It'll be the same with Ferguson and is what we should have done with SBR.

Exactly right.

Guest Roger Kint

Someone on the radio said theres a loophole in place that he wont get any compensation should new owners wish to give him the boot, doesnt sound very likely in all honesty(why would he sign it for a start) but would make him a canny bet with todays takeover talk.

Hodgson. I give him a month max.

Any major injury to Gerrad and Woy is bonned.

I see where you're coming from but the point isn't as powerful as it was a couple of seasons ago. Gerrard is on the way downhill and can't carry the team as he once did. Torres hasn't looked interested thus far this season as well. All in all, delightful.

Hodgson might just be in the same position as Allardyce was when Ashley took over - newly appointed by previous board and therefore, the new boss either has to see what he can do or fire him straight away and bring his own man in...Ashley did the former and look what happened...

Funnily enough I believe Hodgson would do better than Fat Sam if the new owners give him money to spend,

but he may have to have a clear-out first...

If I HAD to put money down on it, I would back MON for the Liverpool job eventually.

I see where you're coming from but the point isn't as powerful as it was a couple of seasons ago. Gerrard is on the way downhill and can't carry the team as he once did. Torres hasn't looked interested thus far this season as well. All in all, delightful.

Torres really looks like he's had enough. Packing up his olives and paella kit as we speak.

Torres really looks like he's had enough. Packing up his olives and paella kit as we speak.

:lol:

haha :lol: