Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Guest johnson293

Even the missus was outraged at MOTD2 there.

She spotted the trailing leg also.

The f***er has a track recorded and they just skirted over the incident. Talk about protecting the image of the league at all costs.

Remember when the bigger players get breaks? Yeh, it's f***ing headline news!

Outrageous.

This was my thoughts on it.

Had it been a player of one of the top four clubs (as has happened the last couple of years), they would have talked about little else.

Its almost as if they touched on it as an after thought.

Even when the footage showed the tackle, the commentator said 'fair challenge' and never even said anything else about how serious it may be, even when Ben Arfa was being strechered off taking oxygen!

And those penalty decisions were a joke - Williamson played the ball, but it was outside the box anyway, and Ameobi's leg was clearly taken - no pen.

Just hope the events in this match can galvanise the team a bit, and they sort out the home form for the next few matches up here.

Even the missus was outraged at MOTD2 there.

She spotted the trailing leg also.

The f***er has a track recorded and they just skirted over the incident. Talk about protecting the image of the league at all costs.

Remember when the bigger players get breaks? Yeh, it's f***ing headline news!

Outrageous.

This was my thoughts on it.

Had it been a player of one of the top four clubs (as has happened the last couple of years), they would have talked about little else.

Its almost as if they touched on it as an after thought.

Even when the footage showed the tackle, the commentator said 'fair challenge' and never even said anything else about how serious it may be, even when Ben Arfa was being strechered off taking oxygen!

And those penalty decisions were a joke - Williamson played the ball, but it was outside the box anyway, and Ameobi's leg was clearly taken - no pen.

Just hope the events in this match can galvanise the team a bit, and they sort out the home form for the next few matches up here.

Can't say much more than that. Apart from Nolan and a sub-par Routledge, I thought everyone had a good game. Coloccini was immense yet again and Jonas was outstanding. Better than any of the over-paid dirty cunts in the City side. Mancini hasn't got a clue. We could have taken them to the cleaners to be honest had we kept HBA and Colo on. We played with guile and passed it around a fair bit. Tiote and Barton (who albeit took some time to settle) were outstanding in the thick of it. Sol Campbell showed Newcastle United Football Club how to clear your fucking lines! We were done by a moment of genius I'd say rather than bad defending.

Encouraging patterns of play and heart, marred by the usual colossal fuck-nut of a referee, and more depressingly a serious injury that threatens to take the wind out of our sails.

Let's hope for better days  :clap2:

That MOTD is absolutely vomit inducing.

I suppose as a dirty foreigner I'm lucky enough to have the option to just walk away from this league and maybe I should seriously entertain it.

The sole purpose of the Premiership is becoming to produce a more entertaining "product" for the millions of plastic fans of big clubs across the world. (Yes, I realize the irony of me making this point) The only reason the rest of us exist is to act as a supporting cast to provide token competition and occasionally come through with a charming little charge to 7th or cup run to provide some extra talking points.

I've realized this for ages but have chosen to ignore it because I can't stop loving Newcastle, but the events of last night just brought it all down on me again.

Slowly but surely it's becoming all about four or five lions in a colosseum. The rest of us are the Jews.

I suppose as a dirty foreigner I'm lucky enough to have the option to just walk away from this league and maybe I should seriously entertain it.

The sole purpose of the Premiership is becoming to produce a more entertaining "product" for the millions of plastic fans of big clubs across the world. (Yes, I realize the irony of me making this point) The only reason the rest of us exist is to act as a supporting cast to make it entertaining and occasionally come through with a charming little charge to 7th or cup run to provide some extra talking points.

I've realized this for ages but have chosen to ignore it because I can't stop loving Newcastle, but last night just brought it all down on me again.

Slowly but surely it's becoming all about four or five lions in a colosseum. The rest of us are the Jews.

I agree! Bring back Championship football!!! :lol:

The sole purpose of the Premiership is becoming to produce a more entertaining "product" for the millions of plastic fans of big clubs across the world. (Yes, I realize the irony of me making this point) The only reason the rest of us exist is to act as a supporting cast to provide token competition and occasionally come through with a charming little charge to 7th or cup run to provide some extra talking points.

I've realized this for ages but have chosen to ignore it because I can't stop loving Newcastle, but the events of last night just brought it all down on me again.

Agree mate, its all a bit fcking shyte.

I was listening to Richard Keys and Andy Gobshyte at half time during the Chelsea /Arsenal match at halftime.

Fuck off man.  Wish i never signed up for Sky Sports tbh.

Might cancel it again.

I really cant stand the product.

There will be hell on if he ever crippled Rooney, Lampard or one of the other media loved wank heads.

the Medias panderig to the super clubs is annoying- but now the referees are buying it- its gonna drive people away from football

Proud of the lads and Hughton after this one, we wuz robbed basically.

I was watching it in the pub and I hadn't even got a drink and sat down by the time our best player was being stretchered off. Then as I got to my seat they were being gifted a goal by the ref. Follow that up with a great equaliser and being robbed of a certain penalty at the end, just makes you wonder WTF was going on.

That amount of bad luck is enough for a month, never mind one game.

Just hope we can pull together and beat Wigan by a good couple of goals. We still badly need to drop Nolan, he was a passenger yet again.

I was impressed with Hughton's interview after the match. The transcripts don't read very well, but watching it you can see he was boiling inside - here's hoping he can channel that into a siege, us against the world mentality

Thought dot com have a pretty accurate view of things, the midfield was solid (despite the desperation from certain sections on here to insist otherwise) and we gave a pretty good account of ourselves.

You do wonder how much longer we'll continue to experience shocking refereeing decisions though.

The high defensive line seemed a bit mental, but I suppose in the end it didn't actually lead to that many chances. Pleased with the performance, but obviously the whole thing is marred by the injury and the penalty decisions.

I thought it worked alright actually. Squeezed the game in the middle of the park and showed their midfield up as lacking creativity and the ability to play quick one touch football.

The high defensive line seemed a bit mental, but I suppose in the end it didn't actually lead to that many chances. Pleased with the performance, but obviously the whole thing is marred by the injury and the penalty decisions.

I thought it worked alright actually. Squeezed the game in the middle of the park and showed their midfield up as lacking creativity and the ability to play quick one touch football.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant... it seemed a bit risky but in the end it worked pretty well. Not good for the heart mind.

Considering the quality of the opposition midfield and forwards apart from a wrongly given penalty and an excellent individual goal I can't remember them threatening us. Great credit to our defence and midfield for that.

Like you, I was proud of our manager and team on the day but at the same time really sick and depressed about the way it panned out.

One thing I'd like to see from Hughton is a little bit less "fair play nice guy" and a touch more of the Ferguson pugnacity, where any referee or opposition thug would know they'd be getting both barrels from him as they leave the pitch.

That said CH was about as angry as we've ever seen him.

Considering the quality of the opposition midfield and forwards apart from a wrongly given penalty and an excellent individual goal I can't remember them threatening us. Great credit to our defence and midfield for that.

Like you, I was proud of our manager and team on the day but at the same time really sick and depressed about the way it panned out.

One thing I'd like to see from Hughton is a little bit less "fair play nice guy" and a touch more of the Ferguson pugnacity, where any referee or opposition thug would know they'd be getting both barrels from him as they leave the pitch.

That said CH was about as angry as we've ever seen him.

Yeah, my strongest feeling after the game was pride, despite the sadness of Ben Arfa's injury. Manager and players showed a lot of heart.

I don't know about having a go at the opposition as they leave the pitch though. That sounds more Souness than Ferguson. Keeping your composure sets the right example, and losing it can show the opposition you're rattled.

OK i've had time to calm down, my view.

Personally i don't think it was a horror challenge but it certainly wasn't a good challenge. No matter how many times i look at it, it wasn't a sending off, even though i think De Jong is a dirty bastard.

The ref was atrocious, got two penalty or "pelanty" (if your Chris Waddle) decisions completely wrong. However, according the the commentators it's ok because he is one of the "top refs" in this country. Says all you need to know about the standard of refs.

My ratings;

Krul- 7 Hardly had a thing to do all game.

Perch- 5.5 Looks our weakest link by far, not that he had a terrible game though.

Colo- 7.5 Was excellent until he went off, fills me with confidence for the rest of the season.

Williamson- 6.5 Was never really troubled and dealt with Adebayor's physique when he came on.

Enrique- 7 Looks a much better player when Jonas is with him.

Routledge- 5 Off the pace somewhat, seems a confidence player who's lacking confidence.

Tiote- 8 MOM Was everywhere, surely one of the best midfielders i've seen at the club in a long time.

Barton- 6 Was steady but never really influenced the game much.

Jonas -7.5 Had a great game, tore Boateng a new one.

Nolan -5 Piss poor as usual.

Ameobi- 6 held the ball up well but never had any opportunities to hurt City.

Sub-

Campbell- 7 Looked solid as a rock, encouraging with Taylor still to return.

i'd also like to know why williamson was booked for the pen. if it was a deliberate foul it had to be red. if it was the last in persistent foul it's a yellow but thats not what happened here, was it mistimed but reckless, no. surely if thats worthy of a yellow the ref then has to book for every foul.

i'd also like to know why williamson was booked for the pen. if it was a deliberate foul it had to be red. if it was the last in persistent foul it's a yellow but thats not what happened here, was it mistimed but reckless, no. surely if thats worthy of a yellow the ref then has to book for every foul.

eggsackerly