Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Every f***ing international break we come back after we have looked shocking.

Was just about to mention this also. As most of our players are not internationals, it appears they just sit around doing nothing during the international break. Sloths.

No creativity in the team = Not many chances created at all.

Ben Arfa injury could simply relegate us.

I wouldn't had agreed with that, but after seeing us today, I agree with it.

Ben Arfa behind Carroll for Lovenkrands would make us a different team.

Whilst Perch has been pretty pathetic in this game, he has had some decent games too, so I think those who are calling for him to be dropped from the squad completely are over reacting just a tiny bit (mind you, he should definitely be subbed off from this game).

He's a Championship player, not upto Premiership standard, even against Blackpool, Stoke & Wigan

Don't know why Ameobi hasn't been given a chance recently. Despite a lack of pace and mobility it would bring us, I think himself and Carroll would be no worse than Carroll-Loven up top.

A draw would be good now, but even then its a f***ing s**** result.

We actually need a miracle.

To be fair he did start against City. But yeah, I can see what you're saying if you mean him and Carroll at the same time.

Perch has been woeful in this game, but I don't think he's being done any favours by Guthrie.

This is an important point, too.  We have no right sided midfielder.  Guthrie is moving inside at EVERY opportunity in every situation.  Essentially, we have a lopsided 4-4-2 playing like this:

----PERCH-----------WILL-------COLO------------ENRIQUE

-------------------GUTHRIETIOTEBARTON---------JONAS

-------------------LOVEN-----------CARROLL--------------

So it's no surprise that Wigan can mount any attack they want from that left side that's abandoned.

Routledge in.  Nailed on.

Figueroa and Zog are a dangerous combo on the left. Having Perch teamed up with Guthrie, who is not a typical wide player and who is just returning from injury, to face them was a very bad idea. Routledge's tracking back and defensive work is underrated.

yeah, that's a top 6 left side up against what, in an out of position, unfit Guthrie and James Perch, is a league one standard right side. Perch couldn't even get into the Forest team, Gunter was and is miles better than him. We went for the wrong player.

This is an important point, too.  We have to right sided midfielder.  Guthrie is moving inside at EVERY opportunity in every situation.  Essentially, we have a lopsided 4-4-2 playing like this:

----PERCH-----------WILL-------COLO------------ENRIQUE

-------------------GUTHRIETIOTEBARTON---------JONAS

-------------------LOVEN-----------CARROLL--------------

So it's no surprise that Wigan can mount any attack they want from that left side that's abandoned.

Routledge in.  Nailed on.

yeh agree with that. was pretty shocked/surprised when i saw the team. Assumed we must be playing 4-5-1 with loven on the right but its not been that way. Theyve murdered us on the break

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Whilst Perch has been pretty pathetic in this game, he has had some decent games too, so I think those who are calling for him to be dropped from the squad completely are over reacting just a tiny bit (mind you, he should definitely be subbed off from this game).

He's a Championship player, not upto Premiership standard, even against Blackpool, Stoke & Wigan

He'll be good for us next year then