Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Perch had no part in either goal.

Goal 1 - Perch was behind N'Zogbia and Williamson, allowing N'Zogbia to have a run at the blindsided defender and head the ball in the net.

Goal 2 - Perch was nowher fucking near the man he should have been taking care of one fucking minute after he's just fucking scored and was in the fucking clear when he recieved the fucking ball.

Perch had no part in either goal.

Goal 1 - Perch was behind N'Zogbia and Williamson, allowing N'Zogbia to have a run at the blindsided defender and head the ball in the net.

Goal 2 - Perch was nowher f***ing near the man he should have been taking care of one f***ing minute after he's just f***ing scored and was in the f***ing clear when he recieved the f***ing ball.

Give over man, Perch was behind N'Zogbia and Williamson was in front where he should have been until he stumbled into Perch.  As for the second, Perch was too far forward as he often was when he was trying to defend and make up for us not having a winger.  Barton gave the ball away and Williamson didn't block the shot while Perch was still trying to get back.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Williamson & Barton are the only people to blame for either goal. Do people feel like tits for blaming Krul yet?

Give over man, Perch was behind N'Zogbia and Williamson was in front where he should have been until he stumbled into Perch.  As for the second, Perch was too far forward as he often was when he was trying to defend and make up for us not having a winger.  Barton gave the ball away and Williamson didn't block the shot while Perch was still trying to get back.

Sorry like - as a defender you are supposed to take control of the situation, and for the first goal he didn't. If the nudge by Williamson was enough to put him off then he shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch.  I would understand being caught up the field for the second later in the game, but he'd just been exposed one minute before by the same player that he left unmarked and was punished for it.  When you conced a soft goal like the first thing you go is try to regroup, not get yourself into a position that you have no hope of actually doing your primary task.

Lovenkrands is bottom of the list for me now.

Me too. He's no use whatsoever at this level.

Didn't seem so last time out, he got a few goals here and there in this division. Was really disappointed in him today.

Sorry like - as a defender you are supposed to take control of the situation, and for the first goal he didn't. If the nudge by Williamson was enough to put him off then he shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch.  I would understand being caught up the field for the second later in the game, but he'd just been exposed one minute before by the same player that he left unmarked and was punished for it.  When you conced a soft goal like the first thing you go is try to regroup, not get yourself into a position that you have no hope of actually doing your primary task.

Do you think Perch should have walked through Williamson who was between Perch and the ball?  I agree Perch was too far forward for the second goal but that's the way it is, he was trying to get forward rightly because we had the ball.  I didn't expect Barton to give it away so I don't see why I should expect Perch to think anything other than that we were going to be moving forward.  Barton gave the ball away when we should have been going away from our goal and Williamson didn't deal with it.

How was Perch exposed one minute before the 2nd goal?