Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't know if anyone else has said it but looked like Insomnia's second may have got a slight deflection.

Yeah, looked like it from where I was sitting.

Guest Chris P

We can't afford to give him that chance, we're going to lose goals with him in the team.

maybe its all part of his education

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In the postgame comments, apparently Hughton said Nolan was merely "rested" and it was his decision to leave him out entirely.  Not injured.

I read that as 'Nolan's' decision.  :doh:

Well my voice has gone.. mostly from screaming at Perch for being utter shit and Guthrie for not covering.

As a game it was shit but I am overjoyed we nicked a point must thank Wigan for the time wasting we needed all those minutes.

:lol:

Loven was crap too first 45 he was nowhere to be seen, had a great chance just before he was subbed that he fluffed.. striker packing order has to be Carroll, shola, Ranger, Loven Xisco, Best.

Hughton got it wrong today, Nolan's knock forced the changes but knocked us so out of shape, we wanted a change just a shame he chose wrong.

Lets take the point and move on.

I would love to hear an explanation from Perch and Williamson as to HOW.THE.FUCK that little shit N'Zogbia managed to win a header from both of them from the first goal. He's not even 6ft and he beat them both for the header!  :facepalm: Jesus christ.

Firstly, this just reminded me why I prefer away games. TBH I was embarrassed to be a Newcastle fan at times. Yes, we fucked up for the goal, and then Zog hot a screamer after to rub salt, but the way we get on the backs of our own players was horrible to be part of.

Wigan didn't bring many, but they didn't need to - we were playing the role of away fans for them.

On the pitch, awful. Perch was bad, but to be fair to him he was exposed as fuck with Guthrie playing in front of him. He just tucks in and allows the opposing wide men to abuse his fullback. Don't understand why he was picked TBH, it was premature to drop Routledge.

Loven, Carroll and Tiote were also terrible.

Getting ball to Jonas then waiting to see what he does isn't a game plan that's going to win many games. He was drawing the defenders across and creating space on the right, but obviously Guthrie had wandered inside and Perch isn't capable of attacking.

Just shows we need to stick with Jonas and Routledge... they aren't world beaters but we don't have any over options.

I would love to hear an explanation from Perch and Williamson as to HOW.THE.f*** that little s*** N'Zogbia managed to win a header from both of them from the first goal. He's not even 6ft and he beat them both for the header!  :facepalm: Jesus christ.

He's 5'7".

I would love to hear an explanation from Perch and Williamson as to HOW.THE.f*** that little s*** N'Zogbia managed to win a header from both of them from the first goal. He's not even 6ft and he beat them both for the header!  :facepalm: Jesus christ.

He's 5'7".

....And he still beats two of our defenders for it. Lord give me strength.

I hate home games. Miracle that Tiote wasnt sent off, can't remember a player giving so many fouls away. Btw if anyone was wondering what the Gallowgate masterpiece finished looked like:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6827/dsc00558x.jpg

You're not too far from me by the looks of it, did you see anything kicking off at half time and during the game just to your right?

Didn't move a muscle when we equalised.....it was a must win and we didn't win.

You come out with some shit but that is quite possibly the most stupid thing you've said yet.

We would have won the game had Perch not played. That said it was a poor performance. Alot is made about the creativity, but alot of blame has to go to the strikers. Their movement is shocking. The midfield end up fucking about with it as nobody makes a decent run. It improved slightly when Shola came on, but was still really poor. When Barton did manage to play Carroll in with a nice little lobbed pass, he fucked it up.

Firstly, this just reminded me why I prefer away games. TBH I was embarrassed to be a Newcastle fan at times. Yes, we f***ed up for the goal, and then Zog hot a screamer after to rub salt, but the way we get on the backs of our own players was horrible to be part of.

Wigan didn't bring many, but they didn't need to - we were playing the role of away fans for them.

On the pitch, awful. Perch was bad, but to be fair to him he was exposed as f*** with Guthrie playing in front of him. He just tucks in and allows the opposing wide men to abuse his fullback. Don't understand why he was picked TBH, it was premature to drop Routledge.

Loven, Carroll and Tiote were also terrible.

Getting ball to Jonas then waiting to see what he does isn't a game plan that's going to win many games. He was drawing the defenders across and creating space on the right, but obviously Guthrie had wandered inside and Perch isn't capable of attacking.

Just shows we need to stick with Jonas and Routledge... they aren't world beaters but we don't have any over options.

I thought that Tiote was our best midfielder today, I agree with the rest of your post though.

Just got back, disappointed with Lovenkrands, Perch is just shit beyond belief, Barton had a stinker, Guthrie had some good touches but simply horrible the rest of the time. Williamson looks like a bargain buy and can only improve, Colo is amazing.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Any comments on the Ref today? Was a bit pissed off within for most of the game, but seemed to at least manage the time wasting correctly.

Well that ends the run of three games I was hoping/expecting to get something from and we got a grand total of one point (which we didn't really deserve).

Only positives from today's game was that we didn't lose (obviously) plus Coloccini's performance, which stood him head and shoulders above the rest.  Perch had an absolute shocker - I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he obviously is not good enough and his confidence is shot at the moment.  He also wasn't helped, as others have said by Guthries insistence on moving infield.  Barton didn't have the best game ever and Guthrie was pretty poor as well.

I dunno if it was just me, but I didn't hear a Man-of-the-Match announcement and nor did I hear the crowd announced.  I do know that there were gaps in my stand where there didn't use to be, so wouldn't be surprised if it was the lowest of the season.  Atmosphere was a bit flat as well, but that's to be expected.