Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

What ID do you need to bring/show/have to qualify as a student at SJP?

I've used just a normal Student card on the one time I was asked at the BO. Although I get away with an u16 despite being 20. They pay no attention really.

Well that ends the run of three games I was hoping/expecting to get something from and we got a grand total of one point (which we didn't really deserve).

Only positives from today's game was that we didn't lose (obviously) plus Coloccini's performance, which stood him head and shoulders above the rest.  Perch had an absolute shocker - I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he obviously is not good enough and his confidence is shot at the moment.  He also wasn't helped, as others have said by Guthries insistence on moving infield.  Barton didn't have the best game ever and Guthrie was pretty poor as well.

I dunno if it was just me, but I didn't hear a Man-of-the-Match announcement and nor did I hear the crowd announced.  I do know that there were gaps in my stand where there didn't use to be, so wouldn't be surprised if it was the lowest of the season.  Atmosphere was a bit flat as well, but that's to be expected.

The crowd was announced, think it was 43,000 or so

Any comments on the Ref today? Was a bit pissed off within for most of the game, but seemed to at least manage the time wasting correctly.

Gave them EVERY SINGLE decision.

could easily have sent tiote off.

Just got back, disappointed with Lovenkrands, Perch is just s*** beyond belief, Barton had a stinker, Guthrie had some good touches but simply horrible the rest of the time. Williamson looks like a bargain buy and can only improve, Colo is amazing.

Couldn't have put it better myself - it was bleak until Shola came on - football 101 - dodgy defence vs 2 committed big lads = mayhem and probably goals - pity we only had 15 minutes of it

Wasn't impressed with Barton at all either. Guthrie wasn't great but I'd rather Barton went off for Routledge and whacked Guthrie in the centre.

barton was very poor today (and by no means our worst) he did make a move forward though after about 75mins for a header that was offside and an off the ball run down the right that got found. nicky butt had more attacking intent.

Wasn't impressed with Barton at all either. Guthrie wasn't great but I'd rather Barton went off for Routledge and whacked Guthrie in the centre.

barton was very poor today (and by no means our worst) he did make a move forward though after about 75mins for a header that was offside and an off the ball run down the right that got found. nicky butt had more attacking intent.

Kept passing it to them - he had a stinker

whilst i'm whining, why the fuck does jonas feel the need to wait for jose wherever he is. is he so desperate to look at jose's arse that he has to disguise it as an overlap even when he starts off yards in front of jose and hads acres of space in front to move into.

I don't know why and this sounds odd, but I don't feel like tiote is ours, he's been class on the whole, what we've ben crying out for years but something doesn't feel right.  Don't get me wrong he's class but I still sometimes think do we own this lad.  It's not that I think he'll leave or he isn't good enough, just don't have that feeling that he is an NUFC player at present, seems distanced.

probably the most bollocks post ever, I don't know how to describe it, I am very happy we have him as I believe he is a very good player but something doesn't feel right.

whilst i'm whining, why the f*** does jonas feel the need to wait for jose wherever he is. is he so desperate to look at jose's arse that he has to disguise it as an overlap even when he starts off yards in front of jose and hads acres of space in front to move into.

Until the 80th minute none of them wanted to exploit the space

Guest elbee909

I don't know why and this sounds odd, but I don't feel like tiote is ours, he's been class on the whole, what we've ben crying out for years but something doesn't feel right.  Don't get me wrong he's class but I still sometimes think do we own this lad.  It's not that I think he'll leave or he isn't good enough, just don't have that feeling that he is an NUFC player at present, seems distanced.

probably the most bollocks post ever, I don't know how to describe it, I am very happy we have him as I believe he is a very good player but something doesn't feel right.

Racist.  Yep.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Parle vu en France?

Okay, just back from the game, so quickly:

Pros:

Coloccini amazing.

Tiote very good.

Routledge decent when he came on.

Enrique <3

Cons:

Lovenkrands and Guthrie were not up to it.  Guthrie's probably sharpness related, but Lovenkrands was worryingly bad.  Think Ronaldo might have called this one correctly.

Barton had a poor game.

Perch was dire, though made one or two decent blocks.  Ryan Taylor WOULD be better.

We cannot seem to play 4-4-2 anymore.  The midfield were lost until we moved Guthrie back inside.

Ambience at the stadium was woeful.  Can't blame the fans, given the monstrosity that's appeared on the Gallowgate roof.

Carroll's positioning was woeful, but he improved when he had Ameobi on to support him.

Lack of real team spirit without Nolan or Smith barking orders.  Coloccini is too quiet as Captain, love him though I do.

haven't re-watched the game yet but my instant feeling were to question/blame enrique,williamson and perch for the first goal and barton, williamson,perch,krul for the second.

also colo seemed to get a load on his header as it didn't come to him with much pace.

Guest michaelfoster

Well that ends the run of three games I was hoping/expecting to get something from and we got a grand total of one point (which we didn't really deserve).

Only positives from today's game was that we didn't lose (obviously) plus Coloccini's performance, which stood him head and shoulders above the rest.  Perch had an absolute shocker - I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he obviously is not good enough and his confidence is shot at the moment.  He also wasn't helped, as others have said by Guthries insistence on moving infield.  Barton didn't have the best game ever and Guthrie was pretty poor as well.

I dunno if it was just me, but I didn't hear a Man-of-the-Match announcement and nor did I hear the crowd announced.  I do know that there were gaps in my stand where there didn't use to be, so wouldn't be surprised if it was the lowest of the season.  Atmosphere was a bit flat as well, but that's to be expected.

Sure it was 44,450 but it was announced just before they kicked off for 2nd half

haven't re-watched the game yet but my instant feeling were to question/blame enrique,williamson and perch for the first goal and barton, williamson,perch,krul for the second.

also colo seemed to get a load on his header as it didn't come to him with much pace.

Perch/Williamson definitely for the first, but don't think Krul could have done much for the second. It was his near post, but Zoggy really hit it hard.

Guest michaelfoster

Awful performance for 65 mins today, nobody deserves over 6.5 rating tbh, Wigan were organised in defence & outplayed us easily majority of the game, shame they decided to spend 10 mins of the game time wasting & the referee decided he wasnt going to book anyone for it until 85 mins. We actually played worse today then if we played with Nolan in a 4-4-1-1, couldnt tackle, couldnt pass & toothless upfront, we really got out of jail today.

My ratings

Krul - 6 poor positioning for their goals

Enrique - 6 gave the ball away for too often in attack 

Williamson - 5.5 shakey

Colocinni - 6.5 solid in defence, scored equaliser

Perch - 3 Struggles in this division

Jonas - 6 - marked out of most of the game, still gives the ball away far too often as he tries to take on the whole f*cking team, gets 0.5 extra for assist

Barton - 5.5 quiet

Tiote - 5 worst game for us so far, slopyy passing, poor tackling & could of been sent off

Guthrie - 5 might aswell play with 10 men with Guthrie on the wing, stop cutting inside as you leave the wing exposed ffs

Lovenkrands - 4 forgot he was playing at times tbf

Carroll - 5, won headers but finishing was poor, his tackle on Di Santo was fb

Routledge - 5.5 improvement on Guthrie

Ameobi - 6.5 well taken header

Ranger - n/a