Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Guest Rey Mysterio

Williamson & Barton are the only people to blame for either goal. Do people feel like tits for blaming Krul yet?

Why would they, did Krul give an interview on MOTD saying it wasn't his fault?

Because people were saying it was his fault when it clearly wasn't?

Because people were saying it was his fault when it clearly wasn't?

It wasn't his fault but Krull flapped at loads today, his kicking was a lot worse than what Haprper gets slagged off for.

Do you think Perch should have walked through Williamson who was between Perch and the ball?  I agree Perch was too far forward for the second goal but that's the way it is, he was trying to get forward rightly because we had the ball.  I didn't expect Barton to give it away so I don't see why I should expect Perch to think anything other than that we were going to be moving forward.  Barton gave the ball away when we should have been going away from our goal and Williamson didn't deal with it.

How was Perch exposed one minute before the 2nd goal?

You take control of the situation - he was brushed of the ball by his own player.  Watch most capable defenders and they will actually knock their own bloke out of the way to get to the ball instead of being touched and standing there waiting for thier team mate to do it. 

I clearly was exposed by my own lack of proof reading and actually wrote a sentence that makes no sense.  I would like to state that I was actually thinking two replies in advance, and wasn't expecting to be having to defend myself within two more posts.

He got 3. That was 2 years ago, when he was quicker and sharper.

He'll contribute nowt and should be released or sold.

Now its because he's older?  I'm pretty sure you've argued he wasn't worth having two years ago.

He was poor today, but I wouldn't right him off yet.

Guest neesy111

Lovenkrands did OK in the SPL, that's actually the best you can say about the lad. Nice guy, good professional, well out of his depth.

My rangers mate, says exactly the same.

You take control of the situation - he was brushed of the ball by his own player.  Watch most capable defenders and they will actually knock their own bloke out of the way to get to the ball instead of being touched and standing there waiting for thier team mate to do it. 

I clearly was exposed by my own lack of proof reading and actually wrote a sentence that makes no sense.  I would like to state that I was actually thinking two replies in advance, and wasn't expecting to be having to defend myself within two more posts.

Perch couldn't knock Williamson out of the way without going away from where the ball was heading.  Williamson bumped into Perch so I can't see how he could have expected that, look at it again.

Krul 5

Perch 3

Enrique 5

Colo 6

Williamson 4

Tiote 5

Barton 3

Jonas 5

Guthrie 4

Lovenkrands 2

Carroll 4

Shola 6

Routledge 4

Ranger NA

Lovenkrands did OK in the SPL, that's actually the best you can say about the lad. Nice guy, good professional, well out of his depth.

He did ok in his first spell here, he was poor today but I'm not going to condemn him based on one start and one sub appearance.

He did ok in his first spell here, he was poor today but I'm not going to condemn him based on one start and one sub appearance.

Well then look at his age and his career, it should be obvious that he has no place in a PL team, or squad.

Guest Rey Mysterio

I didn't see anyone saying it was his fault. He should have done better, yes. But Williamson, Barton and Tiote were just as much to blame.

Personally don't think any keeper in the world saves that but as we've said, if others had done their jobs there would never have even been a shot!

Jonas - 7 - Two assists.  Otherwise frustrating.

Otherwise frustrating, otherwise what?? What more do you want from a wide player????

Jonas got himself into loads of promising positions that he could, and really should, have made much more of.  Positions that were spoiled by poor decisions.  I recall Carroll free in the box, waiting for the pass, and Jonas just stood there until he got tackled.

Yes, he got two assists, but he had been poor beforehand.  Tbf, I think Wigan's tactic was to stifle the left wing for us, as Enrique and Jonas' movement was much more limited when Wigan doubled up on them.  Lovenkrands should have been coming wide to support, like Carroll did after Ameobi was brought on.  So I guess it's not entirely Jonas' fault, but there were moments today when he should have done better.

Still love the guy.

And as for all the Williamson hate, it was a bit obscure that he didn't get the jump right - he's so consistent in the air usually.  I'm not sure Perch was doing just standing there either, contributing nothing.