Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

Blatantly running down his contract to come back to Everton and win us the title.  :snod:

I do actually wonder where he'd go in England if he was to leave Man U, it's strange thinking of him anywhere else. Prodigal son returns?

Anyone think we are starting to see the beginning of the end of Man Utd? Massive debts, ageing players, no superstars and Fergie surely retiring soon. Their top players want to leave and they have no pull in the transfer market to get the very best players?

I used to think that Fergie was the only thing keeping that club ticking over, but thinking about it, he keeps falling out with the best player in the team every 5 years.  :idiot2:

Well that tactic seems to have worked so far.

Fergie has always maintained that no player should be bigger than the club, but Rooney is his biggest challenge yet. I think he'll stick to his guns.

He has the example of Sir Matt Busby and George Best to look back on. Despite the discipline problems, Busby didn't dare part with Best, and the situation just deteriorated. In the long-term, it was bad for both the player and the club. Best retired and Man U were relegated.

Man Utd, Sir Alex &  Rooney were a dream partnership would go wrong = Paul Stretford sells Proactive Sports, works his notice period, starts a new sports agency up called Triple S with long term bum chums Freddie Shepherd & Kenny Shepherd, Rooney joins Triple S. What could possibly go wrong.

Kenny Shepherd when dealing with Gazza turning up at Rothbury during the Moat saga: “He’s doing what? I am sitting having an evening meal in Majorca. I’m speechless.” this kid is belter for handling crisis management but then he did get his agent licence free inside a box of coco pops from the Barbados Football Association. :facepalm:

Would Rooney go back to Everton? 

they'd have to get shot of moyes first.

They're on good terms now. Rooney accepted an invitation from Moyes to play for Everton in Carraghers testimonial but wasn't allowed out of the England camp.

I actually think he'd come back here if he could but 18months on his deal means a massive transfer fee will be required. Maybe if it was 6months left on his contract....

They're on good terms now. Rooney accepted an invitation from Moyes to play for Everton in Carraghers testimonial but wasn't allowed out of the England camp.

I actually think he'd come back here if he could but 18months on his deal means a massive transfer fee will be required. Maybe if it was 6months left on his contract....

rodwell swap for rooney.................

you couldn't afford the full package of fee and wages.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If im not mistaken Rooney could invoke the Webster ruling and buy the remainder of his contract out which would be less than 5 million should he go in the summer?

If im not mistaken Rooney could invoke the Webster ruling and buy the remainder of his contract out which would be less than 5 million should he go in the summer?

He's not over 28 and would have to move outside of England.