Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

tbh, that style of transfer is no different to the signing of Ronaldo, or Rooney himself.

Aye right.

They still kept signing the Veróns and Ferdinands of the world while doing that, though. They don't anymore.

Yeah I agree with that, but the actual Rooney & Ronaldo signings weren't greatly different to the signings they've made this year.

Rooney was the next big thing when they bought him. He was highly sought after and they spent about 27mil on him. They havent bought anything like that this year.

That's because there is not another top English striker like him on the scene at the moment. they did spend about 8 million plus on Smalling though.

Yeah but smalling isnt being talked about as 1 of the best young talents ever to be produced by England. Rooney was being touted as a world class player when he was at Everton. People are saying that Smalling is a decent player but hasnt exploded on the scene like Rooney did. My point is the signing of Rooney isnt really that similar to the signings they made this year because he was a massive star before he even went to Man U. None of this years signings are.

Does anyone know what % sell on fee Everton will get if hes sold? has to be huge as Man utd will have never planned for him being sold at such a young age.

25% of the profit (so anything over £27m).

tbh, that style of transfer is no different to the signing of Ronaldo, or Rooney himself.

Aye right.

They still kept signing the Veróns and Ferdinands of the world while doing that, though. They don't anymore.

Yeah I agree with that, but the actual Rooney & Ronaldo signings weren't greatly different to the signings they've made this year.

Rooney was the next big thing when they bought him. He was highly sought after and they spent about 27mil on him. They havent bought anything like that this year.

That's because there is not another top English striker like him on the scene at the moment. they did spend about 8 million plus on Smalling though.

Yeah but smalling isnt being talked about as 1 of the best young talents ever to be produced by England. Rooney was being touted as a world class player when he was at Everton. People are saying that Smalling is a decent player but hasnt exploded on the scene like Rooney did. My point is the signing of Rooney isnt really that similar to the signings they made this year because he was a massive star before he even went to Man U. None of this years signings are.

and my point was that there is not someone else around at the moment like Rooney. I'd agree that Smalling is not established but a few of the big teams were after him.

Aye right.

:lol:

Best to just retract the comment and move on quietly Dan.

Guest Heneage

Ronaldo in terms of cost is similar to this summers deals, but not in terms of stature in the game or potential when bought.

Aye right.

and my point was that there is not someone else around at the moment like Rooney. I'd agree that Smalling is not established but a few of the big teams were after him.

So the signings this year are greatly different from the Rooney signing then...

Guest neesy111

The point is that they're expensive unproven young players. Yes Rooney was on a bigger scale, but it's still the same style of transfer.

Rooney wasn't unproven tbh, he'd just been England's Top Goalscorer in Euro 2004 when he signed.

Guest neesy111

Fucking amazing stuff. Even though the stuff in the media seemed really convincing, this is still stunning news IMO.

Agreed, I'm still in shock about this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why are people shocked exactly? Rooney isn't signing a new contract with Man U and has seemingly fallen out with Alex Ferguson? Don't know why, but I don't find that shocking. Ferguson has a track record of falling out with his 'Star' players, and Rooney hasn't been right for months - I said in the England Thread I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from Football before his 26th Birthday.

Admittedly I thought he was just fed up for football in general, should have perhaps realised it was old blunderbusting Fergie that had pissed him off.

As some have mentioned he's approaching nearly a decade of playing Professional football at the highest level, with the highest demand and expectation.

f***ing amazing stuff. Even though the stuff in the media seemed really convincing, this is still stunning news IMO.

Its great though isnt it..There has been plenty of drama this season so far.

f***ing amazing stuff. Even though the stuff in the media seemed really convincing, this is still stunning news IMO.

Definitely. So entertaining. Going over to RedCafe every hour or so is also great. This whole thing is fantastic.

Definitely. So entertaining. Going over to RedCafe every hour or so is also great. This whole thing is fantastic.

Place is in a complete meltdown, fragmented into 200000000000 threads of panicking reds.

Made me think of what would happen if Messi ever wanted to leave!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Place is in a complete meltdown, fragmented into 200000000000 threads of panicking reds.

Made me think of what would happen if Messi ever wanted to leave!

For some reason I just get the impression that another Messi would appear.  :lol:

Ferguson seems genuinely mystified why he wants to leave.

Rooney and his agent must have planned this for a while, considering how long is left on his contract.

This and Torres simultaneous strange dip in form is probably part of Man City's masterplan and they'll both end up there.