Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

Presumably the masked gang that turned up at his house and the Man U fans giving him dogs abuse all week on the internet will very quickly forget about this, like the scousers did over Gerrard wanting to go to Chelsea.

Presumably the masked gang that turned up at his house and the Man U fans giving him dogs abuse all week on the internet will very quickly forget about this, like the scousers did over Gerrard wanting to go to Chelsea.

If he turns in top quality performances and helps them to more trophies  then of course they will forgive him as would any set of fans with any of their players.

Surely everyone saw this coming a mile off?

Realistically, after that tantrum and the way it came out, who was realistically going to buy him?

City wanted him. Bad.

I can only imagine United have matched (or at least come close to) the personal terms he would have earnt there.

Guest palnese

Anyone done a browse of Red Cafe to see how it has went down?

Yeah i would say they are 60/40 against Rooney.

100/0 when he starts scoring again.

Guest Stephen927

Ferguson was probably in on it the whole time. Perhaps it was a way of scaring the Glaziers into making waves in the transfer market so Man United can significantly strengthen, rather than signing the likes of Bebe and Owen.

:thup:

Ferguson was probably in on it the whole time. Perhaps it was a way of scaring the Glaziers into making waves in the transfer market so Man United can significantly strengthen, rather than signing the likes of Bebe and Owen.

:thup:

aye it was in the Guardian Fiver the night, makes the most sense to me like - run rings 'round the stupid yanks

Bet those at the masked gathering think they've convinced him to stay  :rolleyes:

:lol:

I said that to my mate today.

All those idiot dole-ites in trackies & hoodies will be giving it the big one around manc today, claiming full credit for 'Wazza' caving in and staying at United. In reality he got United over a barrel and swung himself a massive wage rise.

take it the theory has been posted that fergie was in on the whole thing too, they cooked it up to force the glazers to pay him what he'd get elsewhere?

Fergie was in on it, get a grip man did you see the clip of him after the CL game? The old jock c*** look like he had never been to kip for about 3 days.

Ferguson is a great manager but I see little to suggest "he was in it" or that he had full control here. He was a desperate man and will be fucking relieved Rooney has decided to stay - Rooney on form will save Man Utd's season from dissolving into nothingness (by their standards).

i still have a feeling this could be to get the fans off his back and get him into a contract that keeps his value high for when the sell him in the summer, i didnt think they would sell in Jan due to how hard/important he would be to replace.

I very much doubt the Glazers could promise huge signings

would piss my pants laughing if for the next 5 years he gets struck down with a Keiron Dyer/Woodgate type injury jinx and he ends up getting nearly £200k or whatever they are now paying him yet and Man U can hardly get him on the pitch.....

Ferguson's arrogance makes me laugh. How he says Rooney said sorry to him and everyone and that Rooney knows he made a mistake and he's at the biggest club in the world.

He doesn't have to stay at the club he doesn't want to, yes they paid a shit load of money for him and helped him develop into a world class player, however Rooney also played a massive part in their success winning the league and Champions League, it works both ways.

Surely everyone saw this coming a mile off?

Realistically, after that tantrum and the way it came out, who was realistically going to buy him?

City wanted him. Bad.

I can only imagine United have matched (or at least come close to) the personal terms he would have earnt there.

Oh aye, of that there is no question, but would even Rooney do something like that? Walk out on a club and fans that have supported him and developed him and provided so much success to go to their city rivals for more money? I don't think even Rooney is that big of a cunt. He'd have been threatened and chased for a lot of years had he done. And it would paint him in a horrible image nationally. I don't ever think he was going to go there.

Ferguson's arrogance makes me laugh. How he says Rooney said sorry to him and everyone and that Rooney knows he made a mistake and he's at the biggest club in the world.

He doesn't have to stay at the club he doesn't want to, yes they paid a s*** load of money for him and helped him develop into a world class player, however Rooney also played a massive part in their success winning the league and Champions League, it works both ways.

They pay his wages and have supported his personal problems. He's acted like a cunt in return.