West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Fantastic result!!  :clap:

Especially 2nd half was very good, and I think we deserved it as well! Two great goals set up by Joey Barton. Proves how important it is to have wide players who actually CAN cross a ball! Well taken goals by Nolan and Carroll. Jose Enrique was magnificent and Tiote owned the midfield!

:celb:

Man of the match: Cheick Tiote totally dominated the midfield and outplayed Scott Parker, which was vital in ensuring his side secured the three points.

Moment of the match: For comedy value alone. Shola Ameobi, with space and time, shot for goal but lost his footing. He went the one way and the ball the other. It drew a few laughs from those in attendance.

Attempt of the match: Andy Carroll picked up the ball inside his own half and went on a long run towards goal. The forward did well to beat two defenders before shooting just wide of the target.

Talking point: After going 2-1 down, West Ham failed to really test Newcastle and that will be a worrying sign for all involved with the club.

Goal of the game: Carroll's winner was stunning. Joey Barton's cross was perfect and the forward's header was unstoppable.

Good performance second half. Bossed the game. West Ham very poor, but Blackpool are even worse in my opinion. Those are two teams that we have a great chance of finishing ahead of I reckon.

Great win and much needed. Good performances all round with Tiote completely bossing the midfield (was everywhere) Did really well to boss the game in the 2nd half, but I thought it'd be typical of us to drop a major rick and let West Ham back in. So pleased I was wrong!

Great to be sitting in 9th and the derby game doesn't look as daunting now. We still badly need to sort out the home form though!

Good performance second half. Bossed the game. West Ham very poor, but Blackpool are even worse in my opinion. Those are two teams that we have a great chance of finishing ahead of I reckon.

Honestly?