West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Krul's best game yet for me. No 'saves' to make, but that's the easy part of keeping. His judgement and handling were absolutely spot-on.

You think so?  I thought he was pretty crap.  Almost bobbled both crosses that he got to and at one point was in no man's land.  Pretty bad judgment overall but all of that can only get better with experience so I'm not too worried.

Thought he was quite composed. Came out for quite a few balls today and collected them all. He didn't even do the nervous hopeful punch thing that many keepers favour.

Yup.  Much more assured than Green.

Excellent away win for us, the passing and movement was great and we looked reasonably solid. Thought carrolls work rate was superb and needed a mention.

I'l tell you what else like, i'l be surprised if west ham are premier league team next season.

Krul's best game yet for me. No 'saves' to make, but that's the easy part of keeping. His judgement and handling were absolutely spot-on.

A couple of the high balls he claimed, there is no way in the world he would have come for them in August, he's learning.

:thup:

You think so?  I thought he was pretty crap.  Almost bobbled both crosses that he got to and at one point was in no man's land.  Pretty bad judgment overall but all of that can only get better with experience so I'm not too worried.

Thought he was quite composed. Came out for quite a few balls today and collected them all. He didn't even do the nervous hopeful punch thing that many keepers favour.

:lol: Talk about damning with faint praise.

:lol: Talk about damning with faint praise.

Just saying man.  :lol:

Agree totally. I'd even go as far as saying it was a match winning performance. He id very well to catch a couple of high crosses in the first half when they were still on top. If he had fumbled or not come for them, we could have been dead and buried by HT.

In the end that's a brilliant 3 pts, and a tremendous collective effort. MOTM between Tiote and Barton. The Cheiky bastard edges it for me for that classic destroyer performance.

:clap:

Bring on the filth  :snod:

P.S. Just what the fuck was Coloccini doing right beside Carroll when he headed the winner? What the fuck took him up into a centre forward position when the attack had started from the back and it wasn't like he was still up there from a corner!!?

Welll I am not sure if that would work every week but credit to CH for putting Barton on the right. And credit to Barton for entirely changing his play - really impressed he could do that (Obviously helped tremendously by the fact that WHam seemed intent on ignoring him and giving him the right middle of the field as an early Xmas pressie). Unlike Guthrie and Routeledge he was able to repeatedly put in quality crosses right into the box. It was a very Solano-esque performance - didn't try to beat his man but gave himself space to be able to measure his crosses which were amazingly consistant, in fact the most competant RW play I can remember since Nobby left. It was also odd not seeing Barton getting into bother in the middle getting carded. Loved him robbing Noble and taking a shot as well.

Tiote MotM but Barton not far behind for me.

Welll I am not sure if that would work every week but credit to CH for putting Barton on the right. And credit to Barton for entirely changing his play - really impressed he could do that (Obviously helped tremendously by the fact that WHam seemed intent on ignoring him and giving him the right middle of the field as an early Xmas pressie). Unlike Guthrie and Routeledge he was able to repeatedly put in quality crosses right into the box. It was a very Solano-esque performance - didn't try to beat his man but gave himself space to be able to measure his crosses which were amazingly consistant, in fact the most competant RW play I can remember since Nobby left. It was also odd not seeing Barton getting into bother in the middle getting carded. Loved him robbing Noble and taking a shot as well.

Tiote MotM but Barton not far behind for me.

Barton had a pretty uneven game imo. completely went missing defensively in the first half, and his game for the first 2/3rds of the match was littered with poor passes and heavy touches. however he also put in some quality deliveries and, once his confidence lifted in the last part of the match, was instrumental to us staying on top and keeping the ball.

krul 7 Good when he needed to be Especially claiming high crosses.

simpson 5 got skinned too many times

williamson 7 Good

colo 7 Good most of the time

enrique 8 Fantastic as always

Barton 8 Didn't think he'd do well on the right but did. World class cross and drifted inside well.

Tiote 9 What a player

Nolan 7 good goal.

Jonas 8 Aconstant threat.

Shola 7 Pretty Good

Carroll 7 Poor at times but good at times, made one and scored one.

Well done CH for playing Carroll and Shola together!!! This must continue as really puts teams on the back foot.

It's hard not to go overboard on Simpson but he's well ahead of Perch for me.

still doesnt inspire me with confidence whenever he's got something to do.

also thought he looked a bit more bulky compared with last season - probably a good thing.