Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal (CC) - 27/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

I used to say that Lövenkrands deserves a shot in the Premier League, but after four horrible performances so far this season, I'm starting to give up. Shame, I really like the lad and he looked decent last time up as well as the championship.

Just a point about the second goal. I noticed Bendtner deliberately hanging back in an offside position earlier in the game, and then re-joining play when the ball arrived upfield.

Thierry Henry used to do this. Obviously he's not involved in play in the sense of touching the ball, but he's seeking to gain an advantage because he can't be marked, and he can re-join play whenever he wants and put himself in a dangerous position. At the very least, defenders have to keep an eye on him.

It's a grey area of the law which needs ironing out.

I used to say that Lövenkrands deserves a shot in the Premier League, but after four horrible performances so far this season, I'm starting to give up. Shame, I really like the lad and he looked decent last time up as well as the championship.

:sadnod:

Disappointed with him. I'm sure Ronaldo is feeling smug though so it's all good.

I'm a big Lovenkrands fan but agree he's been pish anytime he's been on the pitch this season.  And this is him with a full pre-season behind him too!  He'll have some brass neck on him if he thinks about knocking on CH's door tomorrow asking to be in the squad for Sunday.

Still think he deserves a shot in a confident side in the PL (i.e. alongside Carroll)

Some head-scratching over-the-top reactions in this thread, quite enjoyed the match (not so much the final score), thought we had a good spell for half an hour in the second half between 2nd&3rd goals, if we'd found a way past their keeper (who had a good game) then we could have made a fist of it.]

Real action is on Sunday, always has been.

Guest Heneage

Still think he deserves a shot in a confident side in the PL (i.e. alongside Carroll)

It's really pointless, he's not offering us anything, I'd far rather try Ranger as he offers something at least.

Guest guinness_fiend

Just a point about the second goal. I noticed Bendtner deliberately hanging back in an offside position earlier in the game, and then re-joining play when the ball arrived upfield.

Thierry Henry used to do this. Obviously he's not involved in play in the sense of touching the ball, but he's seeking to gain an advantage because he can't be marked, and he can re-join play whenever he wants and put himself in a dangerous position. At the very least, defenders have to keep an eye on him.

It's a grey area of the law which needs ironing out.

The issue is that he interfered when he took out the other defender, having come back into play from an offside position and not rejoining play from an onside position.

No complaints about the score though.  We should signs of quality football and Ranger caused their back four all sorts of problems with his strength. 

Krul   4

Raylor   4

Williamson   5

Perch   4.5

Kadar   5

Routledge   5

Smith   5

Guthrie   4

Vuckic   6

Ranger   7

Lovekrands  3

Jonas   6

Carroll   5.5

Spot on, that.

Ranger 7!!! He gave up after 50 minutes and he barely even started!

Krul   4

Raylor   4

Williamson   5

Perch   4.5

Kadar   5

Routledge   5

Smith   5

Guthrie   4

Vuckic   6

Ranger   7

Lovekrands  3

Jonas   6

Carroll   5.5

Spot on, that.

Ranger was our best player until he was shifted out right.

It's really pointless, he's not offering us anything, I'd far rather try Ranger as he offers something at least.

Ranger was involved more in play tonight, but offered about as much in terms of finishing. No real difference in which one plays for me.

Krul   4

Raylor   4

Williamson   5

Perch   4.5

Kadar   5

Routledge   5

Smith   5

Guthrie   4

Vuckic   6

Ranger   7

Lovekrands  3

Jonas   6

Carroll   5.5

Spot on, that.

Ranger was our best player until he was shifted out right.

bollocks, he was dreadful

Ranger looks good - but really needs to go out on loan to learn the game through regular action.  Vuckic played some lovely balls. a spell on loan wouldn't do him any harm either - he looks to have all the attributes.

Goal 1: Spawny own goal

Goal 2: Should have been ruled out for a foul

Goal 3: Individual error, good finish

Goal 4: Spawny through ball (intended for Emmanuel-Thomas who stretched and missed it) and good finish

Arsenal were anything but mercurial or brilliant there. We were poor in the second half for large parts but unlucky imo.

Ranger was OK... He's a handful if nothing else. I'd like to see him be more direct on the ball though - he has a bit of pace, but a lot of the time he'll run so far with it then he'll either turn around and pass the ball backwards/sideways or he'll trip over himself.

Looks short on confidence and a loan move to a lower division would probably do him a lot of good.

Guest Heneage

Bendtner the new Solskjaer. Scandinavian for c*nt.

Have to agree, he's a talent but tonight just proves he really is a massive bell end.