Newcastle United v Sunderland - 31/10/10 Live on SkySports HD1 1:30pm

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Really getting daft these unwashed morons like, been sent this on FB from a mackem saying its 100% true ;D

'The baffling thing is that the Newcastle fans seem to support Hughton. He has created a one-paced, one dimensional, plodding team of giants, who seem to have little more than searching long high balls to their forwards to offer. Wasn't Sam Allardyce sacked amidst the vitriol of the "toon army" for merely threatening to produce a side like that?'

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=534620&page=4#ixzz13fFKqQTI

:facepalm:

If ever a derby game could finish a NUFC landslide victory please God let it be this one to reign in these tossers!

The difference between the side Fat Cunt wanted to build and the one Mourinho 2 is building is so huge you can't even compare them. And now we are doing better by spending peanuts compared to Fattys budget.

Guest firetotheworks

If we win this I think it'll kickstart our home form. I can't see us getting more than a draw though tbh, and I'd take it right now.

Really getting daft these unwashed morons like, been sent this on FB from a mackem saying its 100% true ;D

'The baffling thing is that the Newcastle fans seem to support Hughton. He has created a one-paced, one dimensional, plodding team of giants, who seem to have little more than searching long high balls to their forwards to offer. Wasn't Sam Allardyce sacked amidst the vitriol of the "toon army" for merely threatening to produce a side like that?'

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=534620&page=4#ixzz13fFKqQTI

If ever a derby game could finish a NUFC landslide victory please God let it be this one to reign in these tossers!

"Team of giants"

I think for the most part this season we have played only 2 outfield players over 6ft :lol:

Thought I'd drop this in on the match day thread - even Soccernet are getting up for THE derby...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=836305&sec=england&root=england&cc=5901

I know the Gullit saga was crystallized by that derby match but it always seems too convenient to sum it up on one game, the problems went so much deeper.

In a way, the mackems helped us out that day as it was the crucible for the Bobby Robson era.

Guest neesy111

Thought I'd drop this in on the match day thread - even Soccernet are getting up for THE derby...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=836305&sec=england&root=england&cc=5901

I know the Gullit saga was crystallized by that derby match but it always seems too convenient to sum it up on one game, the problems went so much deeper.

In a way, the mackems helped us out that day as it was the crucible for the Bobby Robson era.

If we had won that game, our future would of been completely different.

I think it will be a very close one....

2-1 colo to get the 1st  :colo: they equalise (bent obviously) then a Titus OG to seal the points.  O0

Beehive 10am for me, get some cheap ale doon me neck to calm the nerves and settle the stomach after my habitual 20 nervous diarreah shites.

Come on lads, lets smash these unwashed scruffs. :clap2:

decent point, we are a team put together like most cheap teams are, its possible if Mike Ashley had not sacked Sam Allardyce he would have been more suited to building a new Bolton mark 2 with no money.

Little bit of stuff from OPTA's Facebook page

Points per game in NE PL derbies - PRIOR TO 2006/07

Pos Team                 P W D L F A GD Pts Pts/Game

1 Newcastle United 32 18 10 4 56 32 24 64 2.00

2 Middlesbrough        32 7 10 15 35 45 -10 31 0.97

3 Sunderland        24 5 8 11 22 36 -14 23 0.96

Points per game in NE PL derbies - AFTER 2006/07

1 Sunderland          8 3 4 1 12 10 2 13 1.62

2 Newcastle United 10 2 6 2 11 9 2 12 1.20

3 Middlesbrough        10 1 6 3 10 14 -4 9 0.90

Up until the end of 2005/06 (Newcastle's last finish in the top half of the Premier League), the Magpies had by far the best record in north-east derbies in the competition, winning over half of their matches. However since then they have won just two of 10 games, compared to three of eight for Sunderland. The last time they were above the Black Cats in the league table was back in January 2009.

Top scorers in PL north-east derbies

Alan Shearer               12

Shola Ameobi                 7

Craig Bellamy                 5

Kevin Phillips                 5

Les Ferdinand                 4

Michael Chopra         4

Michael Owen                 3

Nikolaos Dabizas         3

Niall Quinn                 3

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 3

Julio Arca                         3

Alen Boksic                 3

Peter Beardsley         3

EDIT: Urgh, any tricks to get this all lined up nice?

Little bit of stuff from OPTA's Facebook page

Points per game in NE PL derbies - PRIOR TO 2006/07

1 Newcastle United 32 18 10 4 56 32 24 64 2.00

2 Middlesbrough        32 7 10 15 35 45 -10 31 0.97

3 Sunderland        24 5 8 11 22 36 -14 23 0.96

Points per game in NE PL derbies - AFTER 2006/07

1 Sunderland          8 3 4 1 12 10 2 13 1.62

2 Newcastle United 10 2 6 2 11 9 2 12 1.20

3 Middlesbrough        10 1 6 3 10 14 -4 9 0.90

Up until the end of 2005/06 (Newcastle's last finish in the top half of the Premier League), the Magpies had by far the best record in north-east derbies in the competition, winning over half of their matches. However since then they have won just two of 10 games, compared to three of eight for Sunderland. The last time they were above the Black Cats in the league table was back in January 2009.

Top scorers in PL north-east derbies

Alan Shearer               12

Shola Ameobi                 7

Craig Bellamy                 5

Kevin Phillips                 5

Les Ferdinand                 4

Michael Chopra         4

Michael Owen                 3

Nikolaos Dabizas         3

Niall Quinn                 3

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 3

Julio Arca                         3

Alen Boksic                 3

Peter Beardsley         3

EDIT: Urgh, any tricks to get this all lined up nice?

theres a starting point...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So many over confident Mackems I've spoken to this week, they seem super confident on a win. A Carroll winner would send RTG into absolute meltdown!

Cause he's a f***ing spacker...

aye he's going on about we're not going to win the league, so give the cup competitions a go.  It appears the fucker is also thinking Premier League survival is guaranteed so it was absolutely fine to send a full-strength squad out last night, risking injuries when we have a paper-thin squad anyway.