Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

a mackem that was in their end informed me they weren't allowed to actually leave.  They just went into the concourse and watched SSN.

I was thinking that would be the deal. If they let a handful leave and anything happened to them there would be hell to pay.

They all fought like lions today. Brilliant result.

Special mention to Barton though. I'd be surprised if he's not in the next England squad.

Barton's best game for us by some distance today, I thought.

Early on, before it all happened, I thought he held it all together,  our centre halves and midfield looked a bit shakey. Barton single handedly looked class and as soon as we scored, that was it, everyone was flying  :clap:

More chance of Nolan making it....

im rather hoping trap trys to get him for roi, i think hes irish qualified

I heard a few years ago that he was asked and said no. He was probably hoping he could still make the breakthrough for England at the time. Im sure he would have declared himself if he was up for it now no?

Haha I'm sat on the train back down to London and a lad in a Sunderland shirt just got on at Durham.

He's getting loads of stick, lads going up to him going "here mate, gimme five man, gimme five, howay" with their hands up. :lol:

hahahha

Guest johnson293

This result so much better than the Villa one, and not just because of the opposition.

It has been said we played Villa at the right time (o'Neill just left, they were in disarray) - whereas while Sunderland aren't a great side, they had been on a decent enough unbeaten run, and were supposedly (before today) difficult to score against.

So to put 5 past them is twice as sweet!

Can't wait for MOTD2 tonight - wonder if Shearer will be on it, as didn't see Sky pick him up in his box in the ground at all.

Just back.  Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Could have been seven or eight if we'd gone looking for more goals instead of knocking the ball about, trying to goad them and generally taking the piss.  Still, what an absolute kicking to take in a derby.  Marvellous.  Barton was terrific today, totally ran the show.  Sunderland are fucking stinking.

Just back.  Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Could have been seven or eight if we'd gone looking for more goals instead of knocking the ball about, trying to goad them and generally taking the piss.  Still, what an absolute kicking to take in a derby.  Marvellous.  Barton was terrific today, totally ran the show.  Sunderland are f***ing stinking.

I loved it when we started to knock it about, I said something like "Jesus, this is getting beamed around the globe."  :lol: