Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Have to say, Carroll did everything but score today. Thought he was outstanding.

He was f***ing brilliant. Two assists as well.

Will that one for Shola's second officially count though?

He was great on our corners, just powering into the ball with total disregard for however many defenders they had under him.

Does according to the BBC live text, yeah. Cahill got one yesterday for Yakubu's goal.

Aye. Whether it comes off the post/the ref/a dog, the assist goes to the player who touched it last before the goalscorer.

Guest elbee909

Apparently a lot of them are thinking of calling in sick tomorrow.  Don't think the post office cares if they don't turn up for the dole, but ok.

That was brilliant and probably beats the 5-0 against Man U, seeing mackems leaving before half time will live with me forever.  The atmosphere was spot on virtually from start to finish and the highlights were probably "Hughton Wonderland" which I'm sure will have been missed by the media and "Cheer up Stave Bruce."  They were really poor but I think we made them look bad as we were so good at times, in fact most of the time.

When we came out there were coppers all over the place and I don’t know why because the mackems will have been eating their dinners before full-time as they’d all gone home, priceless.  Whoever plays the music after the match needs a special mention.

I knew we’d piss all over them but didn’t expect to see us put 5 past them.

Rob - owner of Steel Wheels in the town. :thup:

Fantastic win and performance. I'd said I'd take a tight 2-1 win, but to outplay and humiliate them as we did was simply :coolsmiley: Thought everyone played well - Carroll and Shola destroyed them, abley supported by Nolan Tiote and Barton. It's a day that will go down in folklore-  for sure. :)

Any news on how many arrests (if any) were conducted? Obviously one being the streaker

The German TV commentator said there were 7 arrests made before the kick off.

Saying that, he was talking shit for pretty much 90 minutes, typical German.  :lol:

Was in a pub full of Mackems, I stood up and clapped their goal just to rub it in a bit more.

At least some mackems have seen it, those who had gone to the game were on their way home by then.

:lol:

The crowd deserve some credit, being an away player at the start of the match must have been f***ing terrifying. No wonder Bent bottled it and hid.

It started when the teams were read out and it hardly stopped during the game.