Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Guest GallowgateKev

I wish we could start sunday allover again... obviously with the same outcome!!!

Infact i could happily have that day as groundhog day forever!!!!

I wish we could start sunday allover again... obviously with the same outcome!!!

Your liver would pack up within the week.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Great reading our Foreign Mag's account of the day. Glad you guys enjoyed, but next time give a big shout so we can meet up!  :clap2:

Guest GallowgateKev

Your liver would pack up within the week.

Not really because the clock goes back to the start of the day everytime....

Meaning everything we did on sunday would be gone and started allover everytime :-)

Long time watcher - and multiple forgetter of passwords - so logged in again just to say... magnificent, but the icing on the cake was on the sky coverage; Chris's responses to Geoff Shreeves's questions post match. It was especially pleasing because of the fact that Hippo Heed and Monkey Heed were ready to pounce in the studio -  :clap:

My other half can't believe that I am still pumped today - I told her that every toon fan will be beaming all the way to the next life.

even if Scumberland were to beat us 10- nil in jan ( not gonna happen btw) all the toon army have to do is stay till the end and sing and support the team and our status as the best will be preserved.

Holy fucking fuck! What a match to come over for :lol:

I cant tell you how lucky and privileged i feel to be able to watch a match like this, from L7, fucking unbelievable :smitten:

Was at The Strawberry at 0800 or something on Sunday morning, started to get really crowded, great to get a couple of pints before the match  ;D

The atmosphere at the match was insane, best i have ever experienced, period!

So thanks to the near 52000 helping make this a day/night to never forget!

Congrats to the people of Newcastle, i know for me as a foreign, its a little easier to accept a draw/lose , as i don`t have to be around the unwashed all the time, but for you, haha, i guess this made the winter months a little better :snod:  :dance:

Came over for this one - my first ever Newcastle match. Words cannot descibe what is was like at SJP - I still have goosebumbs! Love the city, the fans and St. James' Park. What a fucking stadium. What an atmosphere.

During half time an old man, must have been at least 80, came up to me and said: "Is it Christmas yet?". Summed it up perfectly for me - the best christmas present any Newcastle fan could hope for.

Came back home last night and still have a smile on my face. Can't stop singing 'We hate Sunderland' and 'Cheer up Stevie Bruce'. Amazing.

Broke as fuck, but it was so worth it - I've already started planning my next trip over. Thank you Newcastle United, for the best fucking weekend of my life.  :clap2:

Fucking brilliant reading posts like these  :clap:

apparently bartons been interviewed and has said that it was all done on the training pitch after watching sunderland and the plan worked, any links please ?

edit, dont bother, read page 2 of his chron interview.

Guest palnese

apparently bartons been interviewed and has said that it was all done on the training pitch after watching sunderland and the plan worked, any links please ?

edit, dont bother, read page 2 of his chron interview.

“We got in front and we never looked back from there really.”

And speaking on his own performance, with Barton orchestrating free-kicks and corners, he said: “We’re not being too unfair to Sunderland.

“But set plays is a big part of the game and we did well.

“We’re not totally reliant on them, but with the aerial ability we’ve got, we’d be fools not to take advantage of that.

“I’m just a cog in the whole schemes of things but it’s still important I get my bit right and then Shola, Andy and Willo (Williamson) get their bits right.

“Thankfully it paid off but it’s something we’ve worked on in training.

“Nobby ended up getting his hat-trick from it so it’s always pleasing when work from the training ground pays off.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/11/01/united-fighting-spirit-key-factor-in-win-barton-72703-27578853/2/#ixzz14AIZc2s8

Didn't see your edit there :aww:

heres a quick summary for anyone who didnt see the match.

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

v

:weep:

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

:crazy2:

this baby?

Ah hindsight, ain't it great.

That, or the ability not to propagate lazy stereotypes in an effort to appear to have a knowledgable viewpoint.

In fairness to Minhosa, after that howler, he did come up with some pretty accurate gems later on in the thread - which makes me think he's not an idiot who can't see what's actually happening on the pitch (so his Nolan post is even more mystifying).

I can see that with hindsight the post looks ridiculous, especially when taken out of context with my post made a few minutes later, but my concern at the time was that the match was being played at such a high tempo if they continued to win more possession in the middle with their extra man etc we could get stung.

You've got to remember Stu that each post made in a match thread is literally people calling it how they see it live and with no time for detail.

I can see it looks fucking stupid now but it made sense to me at the time  ;D

I appreciate the last two points but there was no point during that game where we were 'carrying Nolan' - he was the brains of our midfield while Tiote the heartbeat - it also seemed to be a ridiculously early point of the game to be so negative about the team.

Don't mean to call you out personally on your comment, see the other questionable statements made, it just happens that yours is a very good example of the bias some of our more intelligent posters hold against certain players in our squad. Seems a bit unfair IMO.

To be fair I said this season, not this match.

Simpson does it too often, waits for Barton to track down rather than put pressure on the winger. This will cost us goals and point as he gives time for the winger to put in a decent cross.

Don't agree, we've definitely adopted a 'bend but not break' style of defending under Hughton where the fullbacks and centrebacks jockey the opposition away from shooting opportunities and give a team-mate chance to get back and put a challenge in/cover.

Basically, with two reasonably quick full-backs we're challenging the opposition wide men to try and beat us with skill or raw pace, rather than catch us out of position.

You could see in the first haf of West Ham that Simpson was rusty and kept committing himself to challenges, which left the defence exposed when he failed to win the ball. Hughton must have had a word with him at HT because he was standing off in the second half.

All credit to Hughton and the defensive side of caoching as it seems to be working, the midfield 4 press and harry while the back 4 protect the keeper from goal-scoring chances. I'm sure there's a stat along the lines of "fewest on-target attempts allowed" which we're top of (bear in mind we've played 2 of the top 4 away from home already) :thup: